Any pics of Blackhawks 4 5/8" SCOPED?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

240gr&up

Bearcat
Im kicking around the idea od mounting a 2x Leupold on mine, and want to get an idea on how the scope would set. Thanks,

VonFatman

Blackhawk
I'm getting pretty close to that situation myself. My eyes are not getting better...sorry, no pics... hope to see some here in your thread!!

Lucky for me, my wife's (6.5" not 4 5/8") is available for the scope...my other SBH is a "transition" gun which I'd prefer to leave stock.

Bob

transalpian

Bearcat
Small world! My Leupy M8-2x just showed up in todays mail! I'll be mounting it to a 5.5" Blackhawk convertible with the one-piece Leupy base and half-turn rings.

I used to shoot bullseye with red-dots. If this scope helps as much as those did, it should be the ticket!

I'll post a photo when I get her together.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I have scopes on the revolvers (my deer hunting revolvers) and my vision has been going south for a couple of years - BAD!

However, I "discovered" Red Dots a couple of years ago and have close to a dozen of them on various revolvers (even a .32 H&R mag SP101). I recently received a Weigand base for both my .44 Lipsey Special and my recently acquired Bisley .45 Colt/.45ACP convertible. I really hate to put Red Dots on them but it is not much fun to shoot iron sights any more. On the other hand, with Red Dots I am shooting as well as I used to (and that is pretty dern good, if I do say so myself). So, the Red Dots will go on the two single actions.

I have chosen Red Dots because they are so much lighter and shorter. They really don't effect the balance much at all (compared to a scope).

FWIW
Dale53

240gr&up

Bearcat
Trans, ... please do post a pic when you get a chance.

Dale, ... What do you recommend for a red dot?

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
1" Millet 3MOA Red Dot on a Bisley.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=459296

000_0002-1.jpg

Same gun with a 2X scope.

Targets2.jpg

The Red Dot is better for off-hand shooting and a lot of fun. :D :D

...Jimbo

Ryanusmc

Bearcat
How about something like a doctor red dot sight or a burris fast fire. They're not much bigger than some rear sights.

240gr&up

Bearcat
Jimbo, what base are you using with that red dot?

Ryan, never heard of doctor red dots, ... i'll need to do some research.

thanks

s4s4u

Hunter
Ryanusmc":3flyl65n said:
How about something like a doctor red dot sight or a burris fast fire. They're not much bigger than some rear sights.

One of these you mean?
dsc00004xl.jpg

It is the bomb when it comes to a compact fast acquisition sight out to about a hundred yards with the 7MOA dot, but there are models with 3.5 and 4 MOA.

JHRosier

Single-Sixer
I put a Burris scope on my SBH Hunter a few weeks ago and it works OK.
Then I tried a Burris Fastfire II on my Single-Six Hunter and I like it much better.
The extra weight of the scope and mounts makes the SBH feel too top heavy and the scope is far enough above the bore to make canting the gun a real problem, accuracy wise.
The Fastfire weighs practically nothing and sits very low. It cut my group sizes in half instantly.

Jack

Ryanusmc

Bearcat
That's the one, to bad it wouldn't mount in the rear sight without a mount. I've never used them but know a few guys who run them mounted on ACOGs.

s4s4u

Hunter
M'BOGO":2k3dlmkj said:
A mount to fit in the rear sight mount would be the ticket... Now who will make one?

JP Rifles used to make one for the Ruger SA's, but now only for the DA's. I don't know if you can modify one but I am going to try as I have a SRH too if I can't make it work for the BH. The Weigand is nice in that you can swap different optics on and off if you want more magnification, but a lower profile would be nice with the mini dots.

There is a machininst that will make them for $75 each if he can get enough orders to cover his setup. If anyone is interested we may be able to get a group buy going.

cworetired

Single-Sixer
s4s4u, that is a very nice setup but could you give alittle more info? what type of mount is that and did it regure drill and tap or just replace the rear sight? looks like a setup i would like to try on one of my guns. what cal are you shooting? thanks

bigjonsrt

Bearcat
s4s4u":2fksxuhw said:
Ryanusmc":2fksxuhw said:

One of these you mean?
dsc00004xl.jpg

It is the bomb when it comes to a compact fast acquisition sight out to about a hundred yards with the 7MOA dot, but there are models with 3.5 and 4 MOA.

Is that a drill and tap mount? Because I have started looking for mount that doesnt need any gun smithing and i can mount a red dot, eotec, or scope to my Bisley 45LC.

s4s4u

Hunter
cworetired":2m639mug said:
s4s4u, that is a very nice setup but could you give alittle more info? what type of mount is that and did it regure drill and tap or just replace the rear sight? looks like a setup i would like to try on one of my guns. what cal are you shooting? thanks

The base is one of Jack Weigand's, it utilizes the rear sight base hole plus two more that you need to drill and tap through the backstrap. I did this myself, EASY job, the D&T can be bought as a set for about 10 bucks through Midway. The cal is 45LC and I run it hot. I cut the barrel to 6" for carry.
dsc00001kr.jpg

woodperson

Single-Sixer
I put a red dot on a base drilled and tapped on my .357 and I really like the mount and setup. I think it is either a Redfield or a Leupold mount. I will take a picture.

Rabon

Single-Sixer
A local fellow put an EoTech on a BFR chambered for the 45-70 (he lays on this gun hard, the recoil is very heavy)and it seems to be holding up rather well. :)

bigjonsrt

Bearcat
Rabon":31am3blk said:
A local fellow put an EoTech on a BFR chambered for the 45-70 (he lays on this gun hard, the recoil is very heavy)and it seems to be holding up rather well. :)
Thats what I really want too do with my Bisley Blackhawk but I do not want a mount that i have to drill and I dont know where to find one.

Latest posts