Any Love for Ubertis?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tip

Single-Sixer
Hey, All!
I have handled but a few Uberti single actions, and have always come away impressed with the quality and authentic feel.
Yesterday, I happened across this replica of the 1860 Henry's Patent rifle, Civil War Model. The price was excellent... I couldn't pass on it, as I've been looking for a "new" lever gun, recently. After viewing what I could find online, it looks to be a sweet shooter.
Anyone else have any of their lever actions?
Also, can anyone recommend a particular brand of ammo? I know I'll have to order it, since it's not readily available in brick-n-mortar stores.

ogmc77.jpg

Uberti-made Henry's Patent of 1860 in .44 WCF

contender

Ruger Guru
Uhh, on a Ruger Forum??????

:D :D

I know some folks have them, and like them. Others have not been as impressed as some are. I personally don't own any,,, so I'm no help!

Tip

Single-Sixer
contender said:
Uhh, on a Ruger Forum??????

:D :D...

Well, yes Contender. But, only under
"Ruger and Other Firearm Collecting"! ;)

But, to answer my own question:
Nope. I'm guessing not a lot of love for Ubertis, here. Lol.

NitroAcres

Single-Sixer
I have a couple...good shooters, one is an oddball, will see if I can get a pic or two...it is a .45Colt odd finish...almost an Oyster blue sliver..never seen another one like it...got it and another gun in trade for an Evil "BlackGun" I had grown tired of..the other one is a 44-40 Rem replica...older issue.. I gave $175 at a pawn shop.

KLNC

Single-Sixer
I've been fairly happy with them. I think the quality is actually pretty good, and it gives the modern shooter a chance to shoot some stuff that would be out of reach financially if not impossible to find. Nice Henry--the military models with sling swivels are not that common.

Tip

Single-Sixer
KLNC said:
I've been fairly happy with them. I think the quality is actually pretty good, and it gives the modern shooter a chance to shoot some stuff that would be out of reach financially if not impossible to find. Nice Henry--the military models with sling swivels are not that common.

Thanks, KLNC.
My example shows bluing loss... it is a real shooter-grade rifle. I don't mind that it looks to have been used /shot / carried. Got it for over $1,000 less than a new one, so... I'm happy!

33p7xb6.jpg

Imported by Uberti USA, Made in 1999

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
That's a nice looking lever gun, Tip, regardless of the maker :).
I love the octagon barrel. Not a fan of brass receivers but that has a nice patina to it, don't know how old that particular gun is but it looks older than it probably is.
I'd love to see Ruger come out with lever guns, they'd probably do very well with all the cowboy action shooters (Vaqueros + Levers).

Tip

Single-Sixer
TucsonDirt said:
That's a nice looking lever gun, Tip, regardless of the maker :).
I love the octagon barrel. Not a fan of brass receivers but that has a nice patina to it, don't know how old that particular gun is but it looks older than it probably is...

Thank you.
Being a replica, it's just that. Happily, it's well made and true to the original. I'll shoot it, display it, and enjoy it. There are later Ubertis (and new "Henrys") that, while aesthetically beautiful, are so gussied up they just don't look "correct," to me. Beyond replicas, there are the originals... Wouldn't that be nice, but outta' my range -for now. :D

102kmf8.jpg

Unpolished Patina Looks Authentic

reloader

Single-Sixer
Ubertis were used in many of my favorite Western movies. The few that I have owned were well made and accurate.
Don't see as many of them around anymore.

artey

Single-Sixer
I had that exact model for a while but in 45 Colt. Fit and finish were superb. I sold it because with modern 45 Colt brass, using lowere pressure reloads, I was getting alot of blowback and fouling into the action from the lack of brass sealing in the chamber. By about round 160ish the lifter would stop dropping and lock the bolt in place and then it was take apart time. Your 44-40 may be better due to thinner brass. I have one of their baby rolling blocks in 45-70. Going to shoot a buffalo with it in two weeks.

Chance

Buckeye
Have one in 45LC and love it. In fact I have become a big fan of the Italian guns. Since they don't have an EPA over there the finishes are still beautiful unlike Ruger and their current flat black finish.

Jim Puke

Hunter
Chance said:
Have one in 45LC and love it. In fact I have become a big fan of the Italian guns. Since they don't have an EPA over there the finishes are still beautiful unlike Ruger and their current flat black finish.

I have several revolvers that I LOVE...matter of fact, they have supplanted the Ruger's as my "go to" revolvers.