any Ideals on a FNP-9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Been thinking of geting another pistol, under 600.00. Like to try a hammer fire , Ideals or suggestions ?? A 4' barrel or a little less , for carry. Thanks

Mike J

Hunter
I don't have a link but I seem to remember someone over at The High Road posting a link to a forum for the FN pistols. If I were considering one I believe I would research it there. Just think about how many show up at this forum if they are having any difficulty with their Ruger product.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
hittman":av7qqpf9 said:
P95, Glock 30 or the CZ as recommended by Revhigh.

After do process, the CZ 75 compact is my next pistol! Lesson learn , not to by a first yr. gun, spend a few hours reading in 3-4 different forums!
For the most part Ruger has made some great guns,I would always consider a Ruger!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Good choice, if I didn't already have a G26, I'd be looking at the P01 as well.

Let us know how you like it.

REV

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
revhigh":xd6pxz9i said:
Good choice, if I didn't already have a G26, I'd be looking at the P01 as well.

Let us know how you like it.

REV
The PO1 is another great choice, purchase will be push back a few months. Blue Cross Blue Shield has raise our health Insurance monthly cost up another 28 %= $97.00 more! I have NO company paid insurance plan,ouch!
REV, thanks for your reply!

I like that the FNP is made in America, that video of the review of it was too much for me.... guy droned on and on about nothing for too long. Did he ever shoot the pistol or just continue to fondle it?

Krazy Okie

Bearcat
I went to a gun show with a good friend of mine with the mission of finding a good 9 mm for under 500.00, we found an FNP for just under 400.00; new in the box, came with three mags, what a buy. It shoots great, at combat range it will keep under 2inch's. My friend thinks he got a great buy, and I agree. 8) 8) 8)

jhearne

Buckeye
Sig SP2022, I went to Academy today to see if they had any CZs (they did) and they had the SP2022 up for $500. Hammer fired, poly frame, handle's well and is a 'compact' size. Haven't heard too much bad about it, and it's on the top of my list of guns to buy (almost got it late spring, but medical expenses said no). The thing I like the most about this gun is it's controls, all located extremely well for my hand(s). Nice size and heft, nice tactile grip, not rough, but solid. From just a fondle standpoint, this is the gun I've been the most impressed with lately.

As for the CZ's they had a P07 and a 75 SP01 Tactical, they both felt good, the P07 felt real tight, doesn't look very pretty, but it's a duty gun, was about $550. The SP01 they had looked like it was finished ok, but on both CZ's available the takedown/slide release levers were kinda rough on the other side, the SP01 stuck out between 1/8-3/16" from the frame. The slide rails were visible on the muzzle end sticking out. The decocker lever had some of the finish wearing already. For $700 I'll pass, granted the SP01 I handled WAS the display model and I have seen a new P95 look like it was about a 5 year carry gun it had so much wear on it, from the same store. Rough first impression, but I can't judge until I get to see more CZ models and one from a new box.

Josh

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Krazy Okie":15zwghq6 said:
I went to a gun show with a good friend of mine with the mission of finding a good 9 mm for under 500.00, we found an FNP for just under 400.00; new in the box, came with three mags, what a buy. It shoots great, at combat range it will keep under 2inch's. My friend thinks he got a great buy, and I agree. 8) 8) 8)

After I did a search on the FNP-9 , I posted questions in 3 other forums on this. I seem alot of post on BAD mag springs. They loose their spring tension after a short time. Every one did say the FNP-9 shot great, when the mags worked! It sure is a nice looking gun!

Landshark

Bearcat
I have the SigPro SP2022 and love it. It's my house/nightstand gun because of the night sights. The trigger is awesome. After reading the Sig forum, I would not a Sig P series anything because of the CS in Exeter.

I got my Sig at Academy for $500 and my new SR9 for $450. When I went to get my newest CCW pistol last week, I tried the CZ and it just didn't fit my hand as well as the SR.

I think that I have two of the best pistols in the $500 price range. Just my .02