Any idea on who made these grips? Vaquero 45 Colt/Acp

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnnymustang

Bearcat
Picked this up in a pawn shop, barrel and inside cylinders were clean, but the rest was absolutely filthy. Had a brown muck everywhere. I was sucked in by it being 45 Colt and Acp, how could you go wrong? :)

Anyway these were the grips on it. Any idea what they are? Would they have been original?

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd21 ... G_4379.jpg

And the whole thing, post cleanup and different grips.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd21 ... G_4381.jpg

And first post for me. I've watched for months, but never posted. How do make the picture show up and not a link?????

BlkHawk73

Hunter
1. Welcome aboard! :)

2. With so many grip makers, it's hard to say w/out some maker's mark.

3. Show it off for everyone to see!

IMG_4381.jpg

308longdistance

Blackhawk
Welcome to the RugerForum.

johnnymustang":1cubcmt3 said:
first post for me. I've watched for months, but never posted. How do make the picture show up and not a link?????

Use the "IMG CODE" at photobucket.

IMG_4379.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
The grips on the gun are original equipment. The "stand alone" grips are "aftermarket". Ajax, perhaps.

Welcome to Ruger Forum!

flatgate

johnnymustang

Bearcat
IMG_4321.jpg
[/img]

I see how to imbed a pic now, now if I can just remember that next time. This is my Blackhawk 45 Convertible. :)

johnnymustang

Bearcat
Grips on the gun came off the Blackhawk I just posted. The grips by themselves were what was on it at the pawn shop.

Thanks for all the help.

Frank V

Single-Sixer
Johnny, welcome to the forum, enjoy that new six-gun. The convertible best of both worlds. Let us know how it shoots for you.
Frank

Terry T

Buckeye
Johnny,
I assume that you know that these are low production pieces - only about 2,450 KBNV-44X were produced. I would suggest a call to Ruger records to confirm the model by it's ser. no. It's quite a find. I would guess you also paid a very reasonable price at a pawn shop for a 'dirty' gun. Way to go!
Terry T

johnnymustang

Bearcat
No idea that it is low production. I knew enough to know the cylinders are serialed to the gun, pawn shop didn't know if the 2nd cylinder went with it or not. I showed them the 3 numbers on the cylinders and that they matched the gun. Cylinder in the gun was too dirty to see the numbers.

I thought about it overnight and went and bought it on my lunch break.

If I'm looking it up right on the Ruger site, it is from late 1999. The cylinder retaining pin was so caked up with goo that you barely get it out.