Any experience with these rounds in an LCP?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Scotter260

Bearcat
Local dealer has in stock:

100 round Remington 88 grain JHP Value Packs - $45.95

50 round PMC 95 grain FMJ - $18.95

50 round Blazer 90 grain (I think) FMJ - $15.45

Knowing whether or not the Remington works is the most important as the others are just for practice but if you know about any of these, fill me in.

I do apologize if this is covered elsewhere but I did check although my patience MAY have gotten the better of me.

Thank you for any assistance,
Scott

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
I picked up a box of Blazer aluminum cased 380 a couple of weeks ago at Academy Sports here in B'ham. I haven't shot it yet, but I plan to shoot the whole box tomorrow along w/ some WWB fmj ammo I got online.

I'll let you know the results over the weekend.

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
Bigboreshooter":1nu6shie said:
I picked up a box of Blazer aluminum cased 380 a couple of weeks ago at Academy Sports here in B'ham. I haven't shot it yet, but I plan to shoot the whole box tomorrow along w/ some WWB fmj ammo I got online.

I'll let you know the results over the weekend.
I'd be very interested in knowing also. Since I don't reload (& besides - where I shoot [outdoor range] it's hard to recover even 25% of the brass) $ saved on AL casings would be welcome. Blazer works fine in my P95.

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
I took my LCP to the range today to give it a good workout.

I put 50 rounds of Blazer aluminum cased FMJ ammo through it along with 100 rounds of WWB FMJ ammo.

The LCP functioned flawlessly with all the ammo, even being shot by several different people. Everyone who shot it was impressed with it, and they were impressed with the accuracy of the pistol. We were not shooting groups, but rather at steel targets at various handgun ranges, and the LCP certainly seemed up to the task.....especially considering the sights on the gun.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with the LCP, and I have a lot more confidence in its capabilites now.

Glasstream15

Bearcat
MountainGator":3kmervm4 said:
Bigboreshooter":3kmervm4 said:
I'd be very interested in knowing also. Since I don't reload (& besides - where I shoot [outdoor range] it's hard to recover even 25% of the brass) $ saved on AL casings would be welcome. Blazer works fine in my P95.

I shoot at an outdoor range also. I spread out a sheet on my right side and it captures about 90% of the cartridges and the others end up very close. Just a tip if you can use it.