Any Chance Ruger will make a 7.5" New Vaquero 45 Colt ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

azmike9

Bearcat
Just a wish of mine. If Ruger made a New Vaquero with a 7.5" barrel in 45 Colt Stainless, I would buy two of them. I like my 5.5" but, I like a 7.5" also.

schloss

Single-Sixer
I wouldn't hold your breath. They made them with a 7.5" bbl in the original Vaquero, but don't think they ever did in the New Vaquero. There are a couple of 7.5" Vaqueros on GB right now, if you wanted to go that route.

Or you could do the research on rebarreling a NV to 7.5". Not sure what the costs would come out to.

dixie884

Blackhawk
They made some blue new models with the 7.5in barrels. My local guy had one. It is amazing how good the 7.5 handles in .45Colt...........

Sagebrush Burns

Single-Sixer
They made them for a while - I had one. Don't think they were especially popular so got dropped. Check sites like Gun Broker and Guns America and put WTBs on sites you follow.

schloss

Single-Sixer
Fox Mike said:
Look here: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=508366758

If that's going to sell for less than $600, you'd be silly to miss out on it, assuming it's in good condition. I think I paid between $525 and $575 for the 2 original vaqueros that I bought recently. It's a little high for a used gun, maybe, but they don't make them anymore, and you'll spend way more on a rebarrel.

schloss said:
Fox Mike said:

If that's going to sell for less than $600, you'd be silly to miss out on it, assuming it's in good condition. I think I paid between $525 and $575 for the 2 original vaqueros that I bought recently. It's a little high for a used gun, maybe, but they don't make them anymore, and you'll spend way more on a rebarrel.
What is VERY interesting is that BOTH bids are by the same person. I wonder if this is a setup?

Doc Fillem

Bearcat
Fox Mike said:
schloss said:
Fox Mike said:

What is VERY interesting is that BOTH bids are by the same person. I wonder if this is a setup?

The bidder probably just raised his max bid.

chet15

Hawkeye
Davidson's has received blue and stainless New Vaqueros in 7-1/2", but mostly blue. Not sure if these are coming from off lengths in barrel stock or not, but Davidson's has been getting a few from time to time.
Chet15