Any 10-22 experts---can you answer this for me???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was just taking inventory of the 10-22's and ran across one that I have a question on. Before I go any further, NO it is NOT for sale. Now the questions. This is serial number 6xxx with no prefix numbers. I believe this is a 1964. It is currently wearing a walnut deluxe checkered stock. I own several DSP stocks but these are all on guns made in the 70's and 80's.

My real question is what should the correct stock be on this???

When was the DSP first offered???

What years were the finger groove stocks made???

Should this 4 digit 10-22 be wearing just a regular old walnut with the metal butt plate???

Is there a book or reference material that covers this type of stuff???

Thanks for any help.

Hi
Your gun was more then likely shipped in the first few months of production in 1964. It would have been shipped with a standard caribine stock made by SE Overton with a metal butt plate. Fingergrooves were made from 1966-1971. The DSP came out in August of 1971. William Workmans book the 10/22 is the best reference out there now. Been out of print for quite a while now.
Vaughn

I knew I could count on someone on here knowing all the answers.

I just did a search and the book looks available starting at 30 bucks. Guess I will need to have one of them to help with my addiction.

Now all I need to do is find a nice vintage stock and someone willing to trade for a nice DSP.

Thanks a bunch.