Another "what should I expect to pay" thread

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I'm thinking about picking up another single action Ruger. I'm leaning toward a Bisley Blackhawk in .38/.357, though I must admit I'm sorely tempted by the Lipsey's .44 special, despite the grip configuration.

The .38 has a lot of arguments going in its favor for a target gun, which will be its primary use. Half the powder and cheaper bullets, mainly. A lot cheaper in the long run too, as I wouldn't have to modify the gun much.

I've seen a few examples of the Bisleys on GA and GB, in the $450-550 range. That seems a tad high, and I'm just wondering if the RF faithful can tell me what kind of price point I should be looking out for. Is $350-400 unreasonable?

Thanks!

-- Sam

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
The 357 Bisley was discontinued several years ago and prices went up some. Here recently, it appears Ruger is making them again. The 357 Bisleys I've seen on the auction sites are new ones and sport the brown laminated wood stocks that Ruger seems to like putting on the blued steel SAs lately. The prices you list seem about right for new guns. Used can be found cheaper depending on the region of the country. I hope you find one in your price range; you won't be disappointed.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Thanks for the info.

I've seen a couple of "NIB" guns on GA/GB, with the laminate grips, but wonder if they're uncatalogued new guns, or NOS. I can't remember when they took the .357 out of the current lineup.

I've currently got Bisleys in .22 LR, .44 mag (SBHH), and .45 Colt/ACP in a convertible Accusport BH, so I know they're nice shooters.

-- Sam