Another sweep on Italian countriside? Jump on!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
Hello! Last Sunday was another of those days. Sunny, warm, begging for a ride and some more pics. So after a morning shoot with my SBH, I took the 2 - wheeled screamer and swept over here

Orciano-1.jpg

Orciano1.jpg

Plough time! :)
Orcianoarato.jpg

Did I go a long way offroad with THIS?
OrcianoR1offroad.jpg

Nope! That was just a pose. Here's the tarmac :D
OrcianoR1close.jpg

This land looks as shaped by a huge, gentle hand
Orcianovalle.jpg

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
Lazy autumn afternoons. The sun is where the sea is :)
Orcianovalle2.jpg

Zoom!
Orcianozoom.jpg

And after about a zillion corners of every radius and speed, sunset arrives.
In the distance you see and incredible villa, rebuilt out of a wrecked farm house (must be some of those northern Europe millionaires). It is fantastic and directly facing...
VolterrarealVilla.jpg

...again, the town of Volterra, directly under the rising moon!
VolterraMoon.jpg

This is 100% typical Middle Ages layout, the town being built on top of hills that made it possible to check for advancing enemies almost as far as the sea!! In Volterra you still have Roman and Middle Ages remains of all sorts.

Can an aggressive superbike look "romantic"? It surprised me too :shock:
CopyofR1eveningvolterra.jpg

Ciao!

GfA

flatgate

Hawkeye
Nice pictures!

I've toured Slovakia and have seen some similar terrain. It's wonderful to see this huge, amazing planet we all live upon!

Cheers,

flatgate

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
Kevin":1q8rebia said:
Wow, thanks for the pictures. It's very nice to see. How about some pictures of your shooting range. Is it indoors or an outside range?

Thank you all :)
As for depicting a shooting range here, I'll try. They are outdoors here in Tuscany, but the scenery is not really nice to look at. They are so much packed in anti - ricochet structures that the overall result is crowded, in semi - darkness even under the sun. They have to be built 100% "crazy - bullet - proof" by law.

On the other hand, there is no way you can find miles of empty land around here. Only some ranges facing real mountain walls as backstops, can be built more "open". They happen to be the very rare rifle ranges. Without mountains, it's difficult to find a 100-metre range. Even WITH mountains, I don't know if there is any range beyond 300-metres (except for the military of course). This is one small boot. :?

Ciao!

GfA

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
RUFFBIRD":1qeui7eu said:
Beautifull scenery indeed, thanks for the pic's. Looks like a great place for riding motorcycles....

It is. Central Italy is where Italian bikers themselves always dream to converge. I myself, having migrated here from northern Italy (mostly plains and heavily inhabited), am really envied by my northern friends :D

Distance wouldn't be really much, by American standards: I just went 200 miles south. But then, gasoline here is 1.3 Euro / liter (or about 4,9 Euro / gallon :roll: :roll: ), and highways aren't cheap either. That's why 200 miles already create some barrier. :?

Thank you for the appreciation :)

By
GfA

Moore-D

Bearcat
GFA, I really like to read and see your posts of the Italian countryside. Italy is the one place I would love to go to. I love the road trip pictures you have been posting lately. Makes me want to go even more!!

Your gun laws sound much like they are in Canada as well. Not very many people with a handgun license here also. We are also limited to only going to the shooting range with our handguns. I still enjoy it very much though. Most of our gun ranges near me are indoors also. At the gun club I belong to, we have a huge ventilation system to get rid of all the smoke and smell. Because we have the ventilation system, we are allowed to shoot black powder guns inside as well.

Keep the road-trip stories coming, we enjoy them!

Cheers,
Salute,

Moore-D

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
Moore-D":1s8wcvxk said:
GFA, I really like to read and see your posts of the Italian countryside. Italy is the one place I would love to go to. I love the road trip pictures you have been posting lately. Makes me want to go even more!!

I love sharing this, it's too bad to just see and pass. Sharing helps remembering too :)
Here we have lots of issues, some of them mind-boggling, but we also have some beauty. I once read that maybe Italy was created too beautiful, so God created Italians to "balance" :lol:

Your gun laws sound much like they are in Canada as well. Not very many people with a handgun license here also. We are also limited to only going to the shooting range with our handguns. I still enjoy it very much though. Most of our gun ranges near me are indoors also. At the gun club I belong to, we have a huge ventilation system to get rid of all the smoke and smell. Because we have the ventilation system, we are allowed to shoot black powder guns inside as well.

You know, the issue with Italian laws is not so much on the limitations (here we can have "assault" weapons, though limited to 10-rd. mags... in California, they can't! :shock: ). The issue is with many downright silly obligations which create a huge amount of paperwork, potential mistakes, and again potentially make you an out-law for some menaningless detail. :roll:

Keep the road-trip stories coming, we enjoy them!

Cheers,
Salute,

Moore-D

Grazie! That I'll do :wink:

Ciao

GfA

Outcast

Bearcat
GFA - I just returned last night from 10 days in your wonderful area and actually thought of you as I was going up to/down from Volterra, thinking what a great bike road it would be.

Tuscany is simply stunning and the people are unbelievably nice. My GF and I went to Christmas mass at the duomo at Piazza dei Miracoli next to the tower - we aren't particularly religious but did not want to miss the opportunity to attend mass on Christmas in Italy and decided to go to Pisa to avoid the parking in Florence. It was something I will always remember.

We stayed at Castello Di Montegufoni near Montagnana and literally had the place to ourselves. Imagine waking up in your own castle every morning!

Anybody considering visiting Tuscany should absolutely do it. There are endless things to see and do and the architecture is breathtaking.

Wow. Just, wow. Best trip of my life, so-far.

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
Hello Full Auto. Thanks for sharing those awesome photos. My wife's family, two generations back, is from PiediLama, Italy. I've seen a few pictures of it, and it is very scenic and nice. Do you know where that village is located? Every go there?

Latest posts