Another Plastic Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike7mm08

Buckeye

miatank

Bearcat
I see Taurus products at gun shows alot and they are not giving them away. Always wondered about their quality and level of customer service if there is a problem.
Looks like they threw together a polymer pistol as a 'me too' kind of product offering.

dave - our LCR :) so far

Flash

Buckeye
Enigma":268bsym0 said:
Maybe you can only shoot it once, and then the frame breaks in half!

No, it's probably like a disposable camera. you shoot it 5 times, then send it back to be reloaded. :lol:

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
I have a Taurus model 85 38 snub and it's a nice little gun. I think Taurus's quality gets a little spotty some times and when you get a lemon there is just no getting it fixed.

I can't imagine that frame being all polymer either, my guess it is covered steel. Looks kind of neat and I can see how the newer generations of shooters would like it's looks.

I think the whole "Judge" line is a bit ugly with the huge cylinder. I have shot one, and though it was ok it still didn't impress me much. I thought their Tracker line with the 5 shot 45 colt was a better idea.

Landric

Bearcat
What is with the faux wood grip on the .38? Is someone in the Taurus marketing department consciously making an effort to offer the ugliest possible guns to the public?

Really, the LCR is ugly, the new S&W offering is no beauty queen (but better looking than the LCR IMO); but the Taurus? It takes the cake. Taurus was much better off when they were just copying S&W and Beretta.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I think I had a Marx toy cap pistol when I was a kid that looked just like that! :shock:

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
don44":cpg0snz7 said:
Snake45":cpg0snz7 said:
I think I had a Marx toy cap pistol when I was a kid that looked just like that! :shock:
+1 :wink:

+2
The 38 looks like it should have a rolls of the red caps sitting next to it. They must be a joint venture between Taurus and matel! Taurus will probably start offering them in the full rainbow of colors in 6 months! :lol:

A

Anonymous

I have a Smith 442 that weighs ~16 oz and it is aluminum frame and steel cyl and barrel.

In a 38 Special +P, that is about as light as I would care to go.

I can't believe that this gun is heavier than the 442. Do you suppose it is some kinda typo?