Another Plastic Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
RedHawk44":1tk20hhi said:
I have a Smith 442 that weighs ~16 oz and it is aluminum frame and steel cyl and barrel.

In a 38 Special +P, that is about as light as I would care to go.

I can't believe that this gun is heavier than the 442. Do you suppose it is some kinda typo?

I'm betting it is a typo. Most manufactures seems to be a bit off on weights.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Who would go to the trouble of putting wood grips on a plastic gun? "Yep, I long for the old days of blued polymer and walnut laminate!"

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig (and no, that's not meant to spark political discourse...). Or a $500 dress on a $50 hooker. :D

-- Sam

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
Not all Taurus revolvers are bad. I have a Raging Bull .454 that is built like a tank, has a great trigger, and is very accurate. Having said that, it is the only Taurus that I like or would own.

maxpress

Buckeye
bought my ex an 85 which was a decent .38.

the .38
im wondering.....i ussualy fire about 200rnds in a string just to trust the gun and get comfortable. am i going to have melted plastic on the barrel?
it looks like its just a metal barrel pressed into a plastic housing.

THE JUDGE
i like the judge concept because we have alot of rattlers around here and they like to hide under hay bails and by fishing holes.
but making it in polymere is like making a ruger alaskan in a light weight version to make it more concealable. its just a big frame and nothing is going to change that.

rhatimi

Bearcat
maxpress":1c1t6zlq said:
bought my ex an 85 which was a decent .38.

the .38
im wondering.....i ussualy fire about 200rnds in a string just to trust the gun and get comfortable. am i going to have melted plastic on the barrel?
it looks like its just a metal barrel pressed into a plastic housing.

THE JUDGE
i like the judge concept because we have alot of rattlers around here and they like to hide under hay bails and by fishing holes.
but making it in polymere is like making a ruger alaskan in a light weight version to make it more concealable. its just a big frame and nothing is going to change that.

It also seems to me that the top strap would just melt off on that revolver. There needs to be metal, at least in the critical areas of the gun. overall the gun looks very futuristic and unique, but can't see how it would hold up. :shock:

DMZ

Bearcat
I like the looks of them. I also like snubbies. If they offer them for around $350, I am going to grab one.