Another one gone

Help Support Ruger Forum:

One of my best friends and fishing buddy passed away yesterday. I was called by his daughter to let me know. Apparently he had contracted leukemia and cancer and had not made it a public thing. They were keeping him on an infusion drip, and the medicine is scarce due to Covid, so they took him off the drip and five days later he was gone. His daughter said he had been holding on for his son, who we called Bubba, to finish his military Boot Camp and ’A’ school. Bubba was deployed this past week and that was his final release. Kenny, may you rest in peace. The big fish up in heaven are going to have to look out for you now.

Attachments

• 56C53261-26B7-44D3-A4E1-CDCA0E9808C1.jpeg
    56C53261-26B7-44D3-A4E1-CDCA0E9808C1.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 38

buckaroo

Banned
jimbo, take comfort in the fact you had at least one decent friend in your life. That's one more than most. No doubt he would have been pleased to even have been remembered.
I won't even be an after thought when I go out, and somebody may even piss on my grave.

protoolman

Hunter
I have just moved to a new town and hope to find a new friend like yours. A good friend like that can be a rare thing. Nice tribute to a good buddy! Hope the fish are biting in heaven.

SamV

Blackhawk
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost a very close friend last year and I think about him probably everyday. Be glad that you had such a good friend in your life.

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Sorry for your loss. A really good friend of mine passed away this year. I’d only known him for about 9 years, but we grew to be fast friends.
Once you get to a certain age, they seem to die at a steady klip. Really good friends are few and far apart. Now that I’ve moved back to Alaska, I probably won’t see the few I have left all that often.

Some advice. Don't lose touch with those who are your true friends. Things happen that you can share and sometimes make things easier for both parties. Once they are gone that can't happen again.
Unfortunately, his services are scheduled for Tuesday, tomorrow, and I have a yearly generator PM and testing that involves several contractors. We have not been able to reschedule, Service is about 160 miles away, so I won't be there. I'll be thinking about Kenny, and praying for his family.

Latest posts