Another No 1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OIF2

Single-Sixer
Here's a nice Ruger No 1 I've been playing with lately. "El Numero Uno" recommended it when I told him I wanted another single shot, and excellent advice it was. This is one of the limited run of 24" barreled, sightless .25-06 1As with Circassian walnut that came out a few years back. I mounted a 6X Leupold in low rings and had my buddy Justin McMillan adjust the trigger to 3.5 lbs. Voila! I have the perfect .25 caliber hunting rifle. It's light, has a full 24" barrel, a good trigger and is scary-accurate loaded with factory Hornady 117 grain SSTs. This will be next year's deer and antelope-slayer.
Bob

DSC_2132_zpsa0977ee9.jpg

24" barrel and no sights...the ultimate light-barreled No 1
DSC_2133_zpsed816042.jpg

A good piece of Circassian...not fancy, but nicely colored with some pretty grain. Excellent working-rifle wood.
DSC_2134_zps17986cfc.jpg

Maybe not my favorite No 1...yet. But it's got potential.
DSC_2136_zpsd116dde3.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Nice! 8) Would need sights for me but I really do like that wood, just a nice plain, yet clean grain! I like it! Just something classically classy about those #1's. :)

Corbi

Single-Sixer
That is one real nice looking rifle. I don't have a 1AH but tto me they are the most pleasing to the eyes.

Hope she shoots as good as she looks.

Corbi

R1895

Bearcat
That's one sweet rifle for sure, Congrats on the find.

I lean toward the sighted models myself, but that doesn't take one bit of beauty away from this rifle. Really elegant.

single action

Single-Sixer
the wood tone is fantastic, I will take a classic single shot with beautiful wood over a whole passel of "new sporting rifles" that have become such the vogue. IMHO single action