Another New Ruger Rimfire

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Firsttimegrampa

Single-Sixer
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
277
Ruger has put out another 10/22 this time with a Target trigger and bipod included. It comes with a 16 1/8 in barrel. Go to there web site a check it out.
 

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
299
486L.jpg


Caliber: .22 LR
Capacity: 10 Rounds
Finish: Black Matte
Stock: Black Hogue® OverMolded®
Barrel Length: 16.12"
Groove: 6
Twist: 1:16" RH
Overall Length: 34.5"
Weight: 6.88 lbs
California Approved: N/A
Massachusetts Approved: N/A
Front Sight(s): None
Rear Sight(s): None
Other Features: Cross Bolt Safety
Suggested Retail Price: $ 555.00
Miscellaneous: 10/22 Target Tactical w/ shortened, heavy hammer-forged barrel, target trigger, and adjustable bipod.
Extras with this Product include:
·Instruction Manual
·Adjustable Bipod
·10-Shot Magazine
·Lock
·Scope Base Adapter

© 2008 STURM, RUGER & CO., INC.
 

9x19

Hunter
Joined
Dec 1, 1999
Messages
2,431
I can hear the Snake running this way. :D

I am so NOT a fan of heavy barrels, but it's always nice to see more options.
 

Rock Chuck

Bearcat
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
3
I don't know that I see this as a very good deal -- and I LIKE the SR-22! Ruger's heavy (.920") heavy barrels aren't well known for being very accurate. The MSRP is $559, which should translate into ~450 at your local gun store. Breaking down the usual prices:

Ruger blued 10/22 -- 184.96 at Wally World
Hogue overmolded stock: -- 59.95 @ J&G gun sales
Green Mountain Heavy barrel -- ~ 90$ @ Natchez
Voquartzen 10/22 target hammer: -- 35.99 at MidwayUSA (with the auto bolt release!)
Wally world bipod: -- 39.96

Overall "custom" price: $410.86. Please note, I just pulled all of these prices off of the internet with just a few minutes search -- they probably aren't the cheapest. And, I think that a person building a 10/22 in this way will have a much more accurate and reliable rifle than the factory "custom."

-RockChuck
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
8,704
Not Sure about that Rock, difference between $410 and $450 by y'alls figuring is not very much when you figure in the time and energy to put all those features on and tune them up. On one side I agree, because I like doing that kind of stuff, but some folks want the rifle right off the shelf.

Kind of funny that it is a 16" barrel, I like that but am surprised.
 

CraigC

Hawkeye
Joined
May 27, 2002
Messages
5,197
Very cool! Who says Ruger is not paying attention to the market???

Sorry but you can't compare gunshop prices to Walmart. Especially on a model that will see limited production compared to the standard carbine that probably gets delivered to Walmart by the pallet. With an MSRP of $555, I would expect a street price of $416. I'm sure this rifle is marketed to those who are not inclined to build their own, obviously. I really don't understand why some folks have to be so negative and nickel & dime everything a company offers. It's unbelievable that folks would be so hostile towards Ruger on the Ruger Forum! I reckon everybody's a critic. :roll:

PS, sorry but I wouldn't buy a rifle from Walmart if there was a $500 rebate.
 

Snake45

Hawkeye
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
6,080
CraigC":22mr6e5f said:
I really don't understand why some folks have to be so negative and nickel & dime everything a company offers. It's unbelievable that folks would be so hostile towards Ruger on the Ruger Forum! I reckon everybody's a critic. :roll:

PS, sorry but I wouldn't buy a rifle from Walmart if there was a $500 rebate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Three50seven

Buckeye
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
1,131
Seems that Ruger is acting a lot like Jeep, Putting aftermarket parts on factory products...hmm, whats the fun in that? :?
 

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
659
CraigC":3rjod2tb said:
Very cool! Who says Ruger is not paying attention to the market???

Yes...this is a good response from Ruger that shows that they did their homework! Many people who think the SR-22 is over the top might find this more to their liking.
 

ddd482

Single-Sixer
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
207
I_Like_Pie":2c3l3b7f said:
CraigC":2c3l3b7f said:
Very cool! Who says Ruger is not paying attention to the market???

Yes...this is a good response from Ruger that shows that they did their homework! Many people who think the SR-22 is over the top might find this more to their liking.

it's just too bad it took them so long- think about how many companies are out there making parts for 10-22's? a lot of missed sales over the years. it will be interesting to see how many of these they sell- and i do think they will sell some-
 

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
323
There's a huge market out there that buys anything labeled "tactical." Good thing I already have my own tactical wife.
 

louiethelump

Buckeye
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
1,866
I am going to wade in on this one by saying that if the factory assembles the rifle, then it is not "after market parts" but becomes a factory rifle.

I have been tempted a few times over the years to buy one of the heavy barrel 10/22 targets I have seen at gunshows at attractive prices. I see this new rifle as more attractive than them, as it is not as flashy and will not be as heavy as the laminated stocks on the target models.

As for the accuracy, for us non competitor types. the standard factory barrels shoot better than most of us can hold, and I have never heard anyone prior to this posting say that the factory target barrels do not shoot well.

There are those of us that actually PREFER to have the rifle come from the factory in the form we want it, and do not relish the idea of taking one apart and adding after market parts and then having original parts left over to do what with?

I see this new rifle as a rifle size Charger. I like it and may just buy one.

I also agree with whoever above that commented on the constant complaints on every new thing that Ruger comes out with. With all the whining, I wonder why some of you come here if you hate Ruger so much.

Thanks to the original poster who found it and brought it to our attention. Now all they need to do is offer the same rifle with a 1/9 twist for the 60 grain Aguila and I would be out there buying one TODAY.

Louie
 

9x19

Hunter
Joined
Dec 1, 1999
Messages
2,431
louie'

What do you use the Aguila on?

I'm guessing the 60 grain bullet gives you more penetration than the standard 40 grain loadings and just wondered what you were shooting that requires it.

Thanks
 

louiethelump

Buckeye
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
1,866
Only paper so far, with an occasional take down of a vicious attacking empty Pepsi can.............. I want the heavy bullet capability for deep penetration of what ever needs to be deeply penetrated. I live in the woods in a remote area, and while I have handguns of magnum power range, I am not a centerfire rifle person. Yet, I feel the potential need for a multi round bullet launching tool that is more accurate than a handgun at a range beyond handgun range. I want 2-3" of accuracy out to the 100 yards it is to my property line from my house. I am looking to the future and what I see does not make me comfortable. I want to be able to deal with feral dogs if needed, coyotes (which walk down the forest road behind my house), and anything else that need may call for being head shot without the noise and disturbance of a high power rifle, but with deeper penetration at that 100 yards than a 40 grain LR.

I think that kind of explains it in a G rated way................
 

wbw2

Single-Sixer
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
112
louiethelump":2to2rtgo said:
and will not be as heavy as the laminated stocks on the target models.

As for the accuracy, for us non competitor types. the standard factory barrels shoot better than most of us can hold, and I have never heard anyone prior to this posting say that the factory target barrels do not shoot well.



Louie

I agree with both of these statements.
I have a target model and it is very heavy, but I only shoot it off of the bench so that is OK. The rifle is very accurate with the factory barrel.

Now about this new gun, I like it. It seems like a target model that you may be able to carry around. I wish you could buy a cheaper version without the bi-pod though....
 

9x19

Hunter
Joined
Dec 1, 1999
Messages
2,431
louiethelump":1nuomxxh said:
Only paper so far, with an occasional take down of a vicious attacking empty Pepsi can.............. I want the heavy bullet capability for deep penetration of what ever needs to be deeply penetrated. I live in the woods in a remote area, and while I have handguns of magnum power range, I am not a centerfire rifle person. Yet, I feel the potential need for a multi round bullet launching tool that is more accurate than a handgun at a range beyond handgun range. I want 2-3" of accuracy out to the 100 yards it is to my property line from my house. I am looking to the future and what I see does not make me comfortable. I want to be able to deal with feral dogs if needed, coyotes (which walk down the forest road behind my house), and anything else that need may call for being head shot without the noise and disturbance of a high power rifle, but with deeper penetration at that 100 yards than a 40 grain LR.

I think that kind of explains it in a G rated way................

It does indeed, and those are many of the same reasons I bought my first 10/22 Magnum. I live in a rural area myself and 'yotes often cross my "back 40" headed to the farmer's fields to the south of me to hunt rabbits and coons at night.

I've since armed myself with a few center-fires, but the .22 Mag still offers a lot of versatility.
 

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 28, 2005
Messages
233
Personally I doubt I'll buy one. Or an SR-22 either. Or a Charger. They just don't interest me. But I don't give two hoots if Ruger wants to try the idea. It doesn't hurt me any. Obviously someone at Ruger thinks there are lots of people out there who want those things. If they're right, power to them. The guns will sell and they'll make more. If they don't sell, what's the worst that will happen? They'll put the ones they did make on sale cheap and someone will buy them, and they won't make any more.
 

wbw2

Single-Sixer
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
112
CajunBass":pr8d0dva said:
If they don't sell, what's the worst that will happen? They'll put the ones they did make on sale cheap and someone will buy them, and they won't make any more.

And in 10 years we will all be fighting each other in the classifieds to get one....
 

americal

Hunter
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
2,174
I see Accuracy to the max :) love the look for new model--I have A charger I sure like :!: but that looks neat :)
 

Latest posts

Top