Another new Lipsey model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Noon est. Im going back to bed!!! It's like Christmas but Santa did not show up Again!!! What the?????

P89DC

Single-Sixer
Nice, made everyone happy! Here's a link:

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawkDE/models.html

sandman228

Single-Sixer
actually someone else mentioned 40 s&w I knew it was a long shot but that's kinda what I was hoping for with at least a 5.5 inch barrel . but that's ok, less money i'll be spending

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
Well, time to start scrapping together funds for that 480.
Thanks to Jason for his hard work and advocacy of single action fans like us.

You know Rugers never go for retail. And there are some "semi-custom" features on that gun. It doesn't look like any old Blackhawk. And that Carpenter steel has to add a lot to the price.

I'll get a .480 regardless. $825-$850 seems fair to me. Whatever it takes.

Jim Puke

Hunter
tulsamal said:
You know Rugers never go for retail. And there are some "semi-custom" features on that gun. It doesn't look like any old Blackhawk. And that Carpenter steel has to add a lot to the price.

I'll get a .480 regardless. $825-$850 seems fair to me. Whatever it takes.

It will be while before you will be able to get one of these for less than retail.

And, the BFR is nearly all handfitted...compares more to the FA, than does the Ruger.

However, I will buy a Ruger when I can find a deal on a used one...

stevemb

Hunter
I haven't seen a number for how many produced of each. Curious. Heard things.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Rugers usually go for 75% of retail. Call your dealer and have him order you one. Should be no reason why you don't get a fair price.

The BFR will cost more and is heavier. Plus the Ruger is a Bisley, the BFR is basically the Super Blackhawk grip design.

rangerbob

Buckeye
This release of Ruger revolvers appears to be the most thought out one so far. An Internet release on Sunday at noon. Multiple reviews simultaneously. Holsters and accessories already in the system. On Monday evening, Ruger Inside and Out, even had a feature article on both guns and some hunting footage, and all of this in a day and a half. Unbelieveable ! Usually guns are announced and one might see them before the year is out. I made a random search yesterday for available 480 components. Brass is out there, but it may take Hornady and Speer a while to catch up on bullets. Appropriate powders are still short in supply. Having previously owned a Super Redhawk in 480, I've got brass, a few bullets, and some LilGun and H110 in stock. I'm looking forward to a 480 for myself. Bob!! :D