Another Mark II soon...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boomer

Single-Sixer
With my 1990 Mk II Target Bull (and other guns) stolen some months ago (http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=64927) and unsure whether I'd ever see any of them back, I contemplated replacement while looking at ads on GB and here too prior to actually getting my old Rugers back last month. So now two of them are home again, but my itch continued for a stainless Mark II Government or Competition model.

I bid on a NIB GC but missed by $5 in auto-bid mode while on a trip, then bid again yesterday on a NIB G-model but stopped well short of the surprising record price. So today, I bought a LNIB KMK678GC late 225 series serial number model from a GB seller. My old Mk II will remain holster friendly with iron sights (bought a NOS Hunter 1111-56 off eBay) while the new GC will be equipped with yet TBD scope or red dot. My gun choice was easy but more research is needed before selecting optics for my tired old eyes. Pics to follow down the road...

Boomer

Single-Sixer
OK, I'll reply to my own post with a related question.

Anybody know how far end of series Mk II serial numbers ran? My acquisition is # 225-906xx which Ruger's website shows as 2005 when new Mk III series were also being produced. Not a big issue, just curiousity...

Beginning Serial Number: 225-84467
Years of Production: 2005

Boomer

Single-Sixer
I'm still trying to determine how high end of life serial numbers ran for Mk II pistols. My 225 slabside number seems near end of production in 2005. Anybody know if Mk II continued into 226 serial numbers and if so, how far? I'm sure Ruger knows but I doubt they would tell. The Mk III pistol series started with number 227-0001.

Latest posts