Another dog thread …. Belgian Malinois

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Anytime one takes a 'high intensity' animal from an open ground work environment and places that animal in a confinement environment, there's an issue with where that drive and energy goes.
I work with large dogs with what I'd call 'targeted aggression'. Even though I'd like to have one of the dogs I've trained as a companion, that's not what they do and I have serious doubts as to the outcome. It would be a really bad scene if this 'targeted aggression' was turned on a person who didn't deserve the attention.
This type of dog isn't a 'house pet'.

Those Belgian Malinois are quite some dogs. And I'm sure they are just like German Shepards and pit bulls as they can be trained to be either aggressive or more housebroken. I think they are great dogs but need a tremendous amount of work and dedication by their owners to be all they can be. In the GS shedding, my sister had three of them, and there was still hair in the house after we emptied the house of all the furniture. Best dog I ever had was a Lab, with a long story for another time. One of he smartest was a Catahoula Cur dog. The most protective was a Chihuahua. Right now the only animals I have are a couple of grandkids.
Thanks for sharing the video, brought a tear when he lost his dog.

Dave, a good dog meant as a companion for long runs might be a Dalmatian, they were bred as carriage dogs and can title in 50 mile runs.
Dalmatian History
Have known two people with Dalmatians and both were high on the list of dumbest dogs ever. In both cases it might have
been the owners or just those particular dogs. They do have the body type for it though and people seem to like them as far as not being "scary"
attack animals.

Ride1949

Buckeye
16684787276053427263028469927751.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Have known two people with Dalmatians and both were high on the list of dumbest dogs ever. In both cases it might have
been the owners or just those particular dogs.
Me too. And the Dals I knew were every bit as high strung as the worst Mals.
We looked into that breed a number of years ago before we settled on adopting a Siberian Husky.

Hvymax

Blackhawk
IMO the BM is just a GS that the AKC hasn't wrecked with their crippling asthetic requirements.

Hvymax

Blackhawk
Anytime one takes a 'high intensity' animal from an open ground work environment and places that animal in a confinement environment, there's an issue with where that drive and energy goes.
I work with large dogs with what I'd call 'targeted aggression'. Even though I'd like to have one of the dogs I've trained as a companion, that's not what they do and I have serious doubts as to the outcome. It would be a really bad scene if this 'targeted aggression' was turned on a person who didn't deserve the attention.
This type of dog isn't a 'house pet'.
Kinda like Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. They are a work dog and need to be worked. Their instincts to find and retrieve are completely unmatched IMO but much like most Savant's they can't grasp normal pet behavior. They will die before they don't complete a retrieve with no regard whatsoever for their physical condition but not chewing up inappropriate things and submission peeing on the carpet not so much. Also keeping them worked is a commitment bigger than children.