ANOTHER BADGER-GOT HIM!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Sometimes things are just bound to happen. Yesterday my wife & I drove down to the county fair to watch the kids in the pig wrestling contest. Might just be the funniest thing I've ever watched, 6" of clay & about a thousand gallons of water makes for a pretty slippery arena. 4 kids on a team & a mudded up hog, they have 1 minute to put him in a barrel in the middle of the arena, I laughed until I almost lost my partial! :oops:
Anyway, on the way down I spot a dead badger on the highway, I just hate it went they die that way, they deserve me :cry: it was a big old boy, somebody probably dinged up their car when they smacked him.
My buddy callshot & I decided to go back down today, there were a couple of food booths I hadn't sampled :lol: & I intended to correct that, first was a double cheese burger, fries & a big drink, we sat around for a little while & I had to have a large cup of peaches & cream, then for a finisher I had a large Teton fry, thats french fries with cheese, sour cream & chopped green onion, I was a happy man but felt like a elephant seal.
We decided to leave & got about half way home & a badger goes blasting across the highway, I tell Steve to STOP :twisted: I bail out right on the road, jerk my carry gun out (model 60 S&W snubbie) & take off running. The grain is 3 feet tall, I'm looking left, right & out in the field, looking for any movement in the grain, then off to my right I spot the grain waving, he's headed my way, yoweee! I've got a 2" barrel snubbie with only 5 rounds of 125 gr +P ammo in my bobbed hammer gun, this could be interesting. He charges up to within about 10-12 feet & I see the grain stop moving, I do a fast double tap into the thick grain, one of them hits him & he takes off.........& I take off after him, I'm down to 3 rounds, I'm wearing my rubber Pittsburgh Steelers slippers & the grains clear up to my Pelosi :wink: I keep running & I'm making good time, Callshot said he scored me about a 3 on speed, I was so full of grub from the fair I could hardly keep up, one of us was getting tired :roll: Anyway, 300 yds out he runs down into a little depression & I see the grain stop moving, I ease up & I can see his nose, he's trying to decide what to do. I give him a fast double tap, he growls & rolls down into a small crack in an old lava reef......... I got him! Yippee!!
Well, now Barranti has his badger pelt and I'm all caught up, thanks to the one last week for Contender. He isn't full grown but a very nice badger with good markings, he'll make an excellent rug.
100_2131.jpg

100_2133.jpg

100_2134.jpg

Dick

Fowler

Single-Sixer
Who do you think you are Bob Munden? I mean Smith snubbies are only good for arms lenght shots!
Very cool story...

RonEgg

Blackhawk
Good job Dick!!! It amazes me the activity you have and the things you do in "fly over country." :lol: Great story as usual, Mike will be pleased.

callshot

Blackhawk
Way to go. This hillbilly didn't know that you could move that fast going away from a table of food. I thought that you were going to out-run the shots and stub your toe on the badger. I am going to have to get my video camera or borrow the radar gun from the sheriffs department. Steve

contender

Ruger Guru
Gosh darn it,, another cool badger story! Now we are gonna have to get callshot a video camera so he can get some of these antics on film!
But the cool part of the story is using the snubbie!

mb111263

Single-Sixer
Pretty ironic that a fella that goes by the name of 'Sixshot' would let himself get caught chasing down a badger with a FIVESHOT...wearing Pittsburgh Steeler Crocs...in Idaho!?! A .38 special with 125 HPs?! What would the Grand Old Man think?? :wink:
Seriously, well done! Can't wait to hang him on the wall! :D

contender

Ruger Guru
I ain't saying a word about how a man's dressed if he's willing to wade into tall grass after one of the potentially meanest little critters with only a snubbie & WIN!

G2

Hunter
OK. . . . now I want the rest of the STORY, , , , ,

Stop at the church house for PICTURES!!! :shock:

Ya got ta love it.
I sure enjoy my Sixshot / Fiveshot Badger Pelt.
another Great story.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Great story and pics. "clear up to my pelosi", heh! I will have to add that to my vocabulary, if you don't mind.

sixshot

Buckeye
Well guys you have to use what ya brung! All I had with me was my snubbie, I'd have flogged him with a wet kleenex if thats what it took, I wanted that badger for my buddy, the hidestretcher :D It was funny, driving down there I was giving Callshot the raspberries for not having his carry gun with him, I never go anywhere without mine, leaving it in the truck doesn't do you any good!
We also talked about the dead badger on the road as we drove down, I told Steve, if he's still laying there I'm going home & get my camera & take a photo of him, he was a real hog.
I took the photo's in the church parking lot because its right across the street from my house, didn't want to be standing in a grain field holding him, besides my socks were full of sticky, itchy grain heads, had to get my socks off fast :cry:
Robb, I'll race that cockeyed 2 Dogs, just get an hour glass for a starting gun & maybe hang a cheese burger out at the 50 yd line for incentive & we'll make a hundred yd dash look like the Boston marathon :lol: actually I was a running back in college & still move pretty good for a river horse (hippo) :wink:

Dick

COR

Blackhawk
Musta been the Steelers shoes that froze him and gave you that precious second you needed. Everything is intimidated by the Steel Curtain. Great story as always and good shootin!

mt

Single-Sixer
Dick, another great hunting story. Now if you'd just find a dog named Strange to accompany you...who know's, you might end up writing for an outdoor rag. :D

mt

Latest posts