Another Alaskan update....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Gave them a call and they have replaced the cylinder and case extractor on my new .454/45 Colt Alaskan and were going to test fire it.
So,hopefully I will have it by next weekend for a full weekend of lots of shooting!
Never got to fire shot out of it before I sent it off.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
Good Luck. Please come back with an after action report. I envy you that fistful of nitro.

Mus408

Hunter
Well called Ruger today to see what the status was from last week.
Nothing new since the cylinder was replaced and no confirmation on whether it was test fired or ready to be shipped back to me. The service rep was going to find out what the delay was.
Will this "new" gun ever get back in my hands?

Mus408

Hunter
Well got back from a short hospital stay due to a leg issue and now resting at home so thought by now there has to be some good news,like maybe gun shipped.
Not the case. Called again for another update and was told gun had to go back through the Tech Dept.
They didn't have any info on what any other issues were other than what was already done and "supposed" to call me back.
I probably sound like a PIA with these calls,but when you trade in a perfectly great .44 Mag SBH Hunter, plus a good bit of cash at your dealer for a supposed good working condition new higher grade Ruger revolver, it does get to you when it has to be shipped back for a month.
Maybe I should bug them for a front sight upgrade,if it is a Ruger accessory?
Loss time with a new product is worth something.
Hope to get it back before cold man winter arrives!!!

Mus408

Hunter
Well I found some high vis front sights for the Alaskan on their store site and call the Service Dept. to see if they have those. No they don't have access to them at their plant.
Well it was worth a shot as I have seen some people with returned guns get a different grip or upgrade
thrown in for a fix or refresh.
I'll just put a dap of sight paint on the ramp when it gets here like my other guns.