Annoying things people say ……

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The hat water heater seems to be not picking.

Shouldn’t it be a “central water heater” ? To differentiate it from the microwave. Besides it distributes hot water to various parts of the house, much like a Centeal A/C unit.

Snake45

Hawkeye
...and may sometimes also be referred to as a quarter panel.
Yes, and when it is, it annoys me, which is the subject of this thread. ;)

It's like the old joke, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a typical, normal dog have?" ;)

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
The hat water heater seems to be not picking.

Shouldn’t it be a “central water heater” ? To differentiate it from the microwave. Besides it distributes hot water to various parts of the house, much like a Centeal A/C unit.
Well, there are central systems used in large buildings like hospitals, office building and high rise apartments. In some cases the water not only serves domestic uses by heating as well.

Jack Ryan

Single-Sixer
Well "top of mind" seems pretty popular with the talking heads lately. Kinda like they all read the same script.

Makes me want to reach out and slap them.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Corvettes don't have bolted on fenders either.
C4's, C5's, C6's, C7's, and C8's do. I guess you meant only the first half of the 70 years of production.

The point is it's silly to call a front panel a quarter panel.

Why do people from central north USA call the compartment between the seats a council?

Last edited:

XP100

Blackhawk
C4's, C5's, C6's, C7's, and C8's do. I guess you meant only the first have of the 70 years of production.

The point is it's silly to call a front panel a quarter panel.

Why do people from central north USA call the compartment between the seats a council?
Real Corvettes have trunks too

caryc

Hawkeye
I've got another one for you. Why do the makers of one product call it a "cup phone"? It's not a cup that is also a phone. Wouldn't "phone cup" be more appropriate? That's what it is...a cup that holds a phone ❗

caryc

Hawkeye
Never heard of that, caryc. ^^^
It's made by WeatherTech. They make all those custom fitted mats and stuff for cars. Cup phone probably sneaks by most people because they don't stop to think about it. As I said above, think about what the product actually is.,

A cup that holds a phone.

Teflon97116

Bearcat
Person I don't like: "Hi, how are you?"

Me (wishing they had just left me alone): "Fine, how are you?"

Person I don't like: "I'm well, thank you for asking!"

Latest posts