Annoying things people say ……

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
So, I guess it takes hot water and heats it? So, what is hot water anyway? What temperature makes it hot? I think you were going for "temperate" water heater.
No the term is “tempered”. Some systems like those used in large buildings blend hot water and cool water to “temper” the water that circulates through the building.

There are smaller setups that have a water heater that heats the water above the desired operating temperature. The cold water from the inlet bypasses the heater by flowing through a tempering valve. I’ve seen them in hospitals where they want to insure patients with reduced temperature sensitivity are protected from scalding.

pyth0n

Buckeye
Word.
ya mean.
Basically.
Pacifically instead of specifically.
Heigth.
The fact is, matter of fact, fact of the matter (nut no real facts given).
Truth be told.
Un thaw. Isn't that freezing? Hot water heater. Why heat hot water?
Come on man.
ONE OF THE greatest, best, etc. How big a field is any one talking about? One of 5, 10, 100, 1000?

Last edited:

caryc

Hawkeye
Well, it’s hot water heater because of common usage. But I hear folks just say water heater and people usually understand. Of course a microwave or campfire can also be a water heater.
You mean they can be used to heat water. A water heater is "made" to heat water. A microwave is not "made" to heat water.

XP100

Blackhawk
I figgered there must be at least one somewhere, sometime. ;)

Next time I hear someone say "front quarter panel," I'll ask him or her if they're talking about a '55-'57 T-Bird. ;):LOL:
Corvettes don't have bolted on fenders either.

Danny

Single-Sixer
"prolly"
"varmit"

What are those above?

"I'm just saying"

Oh, and, I'm not just just saying here.

Danny

Latest posts