Annoying things people say ……

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
I used to be bad about saying, "you know what I mean." I've pretty much cleaned that one up. It was just insecurity.

I am guilty of using, "it is what it is." at work. It is usually when we are having to find a solution to a problem that we didn't create but we have to correct. A co-worker will complain & I might say that. I guess I should just let them fuss. It doesn't matter the job still has to go in & if we want a job we have to find a way to get done.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I am guilty of using, "it is what it is." at work. It is usually when we are having to find a solution to a problem that we didn't create but we have to correct. A co-worker will complain & I might say that. I guess I should just let them fuss. It doesn't matter the job still has to go in & if we want a job we have to find a way to get done.
I'll bet I heard that one at least ten times on last night's episode of Street Outlaws No Prep Kings. Got real old after about the third one. :rolleyes:

eveled

Hunter
I knew I was grown up when I realized nobody really wanted to hear what I had to say so I might as well stop talking.

My father rarely said anything, I don’t know if it was just his nature or something he learned. When he said something it made an impact. He still visits me in my dreams occasionally, and he still doesn’t say anything. Lol.

Mike J

Hunter
I'll bet I heard that one at least ten times on last night's episode of Street Outlaws No Prep Kings. Got real old after about the third one. :rolleyes:

I honestly haven't heard it much other than on the jobsite & don't use it every day. I don't watch much TV though.

Johnny-Baseball

Single-Sixer
I tell my waiter/waitress "thank you" for bringing the drink re-fill I asked for.

Waiter's response: No problem.

I grate my teeth.

After all, "no problem" actually translates: "If your drink request created a problem for me I wouldn't have brought your drink."

Hmmmm...then why in the H E double hockey stick are you working here?

Last edited:

Snake45

Hawkeye
I tell my waiter/waitress "thank you" for bring the drink I asked for.

Waiter's response: No problem.

I grate my teeth.

After all, "no problem" actually translates: "If your drink request created a problem for me I wouldn't have brought your drink."

Hmmmm...then why in the H E double hockey stick are you working here?
Even worse, nearly every radio talk host now responds to any sort of "Thank you" with "You bet." You bet what? It makes no sense at all. :mad:

The first one I noticed using this was Stone Phillips on TV back in the '80s or '90s. Somehow it caught on and now everybody is doing it.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
"VIN Number" and "ATM Machine" are annoying.

So is "hot water heater" and "right front headlight/left rear brake light".

"I could care less" makes no sense.

I am a language critic on a volunteer basis so I could keep writing on this topic for days.

caryc

Hawkeye
Hot water heater is correct. There are things called tempered water heaters. The names indicate the general temperature of the water after being heated.
So, I guess it takes hot water and heats it? So, what is hot water anyway? What temperature makes it hot? I think you were going for "temperate" water heater.

Latest posts