Annoying things people say ……

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Not MY list, just sharing the article.
Enjoy!

Dr. Jayme Albin … author of "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Recognize and Overcome Behaviors for a Healthier, Happier You," told Fox News Digital of these and other less-than-desirable comments, "I'd say that overwhelmingly the statements are annoying because they have the underlying message of, 'It's all about me!'"

She added, "And [those who say these things] are ignoring the other person's feelings. They are 'discounting' and being egocentric — having what I call a 'narcissistic moment.'"

:I don't mean to be rude, but …"

"It's common sense."

"Let's agree to disagree."

"No offense, but …"

"Let's unpack this."

"Do you know who I am?"

"It is what it is."

"Love the sinner, hate the sin."

"I always keep it real and a lot of people cannot handle the truth I speak."

….. and many more LOL …..

Snake45

Hawkeye
From any politician: "I support the 2nd amendment, but...." :mad:

I can't stand to hear someone say "step foot." The expression is "set foot." Or step. But not "step foot." :mad:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I looked over that list and I seldom hear any of those expressions. In fact, I go for a day or so at a time and never hear anybody's expressions. Most of the people I have contact with are fellow members of my church, and of the "older generation" who never adopted those words/expressions. Do have a few acquaintances at the grocery store where I do my grocery shopping and our morning greetings are somewhat fleeting rather than some deep conversation. If it were not for this forum, I'd have very little conversation at all.

Bob Wright

Jack Ryan

Single-Sixer
Uh Don't AXE me. uh

uh New one here "Snek" instead of snake. uh

uhuhuh End of the day uh

uh uh Yeah, no, I mean... every single sentence.

KIR

Blackhawk
Some people talk a lot, but they don't really say anything...

People should learn to keep their mouths... <mmmmmffftt>

friendly

Bearcat
easy peasey is just grating! Dr. Jayme Albin sounds like a Karen trying to show her superiority over those people that use these phrases. I don't use most of them but will admit to using a couple.