Andy Horvath Li'l Gun - 41 Special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Using a single-six for the conversion, can you safely load a round meavy enough to cleanly kill a deer at short range? I want one so bad, I'm trying to sell everything in the safe I can REALLY live without :( .

I wouldn't hesitate to use mine on the blacktail deer we have around here especially since I hunt the rut and rattle bucks up close. A 210-215 grain cast slug at 850-900 fps will do just fine. My first handgun deer was taken at 30 yards with a 38 Special and he died within 5 steps.

dixie884

Blackhawk
Robb, I'm glad to hear from you again. Thanks for your continued interest. I guess you have been pleased with the brass, as you are interested in another 500 rnds.

Pete, the one Hamilton is doing is based on an OM 357 flat top. It has a 5 1/2" octagon barrel, Clements OM regular frame bisley hammer, a #5 base pin latch with a #5 base pin and a Ron Powers two piece steel grip frame modified for the one piece ivory grips that will be done by Paul Persinger. Turnbull is doing the color case work and it will get a black powder chamfer along with the usual action job, tightening, lineboring etc. The hold up has been on getting the #5 latch parts made. Hamilton hopes to have them in hand sometime this spring then it should get back in the works line. It would have been done months ago except I opted for the #5 latch which set things back aways.

dixie884

Blackhawk
Robb, did you ever get your other .41spl completed by Mr. Bowen? If so I hope you will post pics. THANX.

The Bowen gun is now a dual cylinder 41 Spec/41 Mag gun and it is in TX at Paul Persingers getting the ivory carved and installed. Once he is done it heads back to TN then part heads out for some rust blueing and other parts head to Turnbull for CCH and nitre blueing. Hopefully it should be done by about mid March.

I did get to see pictures of the #5 latch a few weeks ago and I think it will be pretty neat. Hamilton is even kind of excited about the way it is turning out.

I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives here.

Latest posts