Among Nita's things........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Going through Nita's things, I found this "letter." I know it is not authentic, nor do I know the source. It is printed on yellow half size legal paper in black ink. Where it came from, I have no idea, nor why Nita kept it.

"Dear Sun,

I have been shot threw the gizzard and I am now dying so will not write again for awhile. I want you to know I have been saved and forgive the low life what shot me. So it is up to you to settle the score with him. I hope to see you before long.

Your Pa"

The paper is crinkled but shows no sign of having been wet.

Bob Wright

contender

Ruger Guru
When I read that,, I'd like to think she was looking at that from the viewpoint of a Christian, forgiving someone, and willing to meet their dear departed.

eveled

Hunter
Strange that she got that somewhere and saved it, yet never mentioned it to you.

Is there a cornbread recipe on the other side?

God Bless you Bob. I’m still praying for you.

Armybrat

Buckeye
I can truly feel your pain of loss, Bob.
My oldest grandson, age 29, died unexpectedly Saturday, apparently from a brain aneurism.
He was a good and gentle young man who had a rough start in life being born 3 months prematurely, then contacting cerebral palsy which limited his ability to walk until he was almost three - then with a mini-size walker for another year.
He lived a peaceful & productive, but short, life with love from his family and friends.
RIP Parker, I will miss you with all my heart.

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
Bob, I actually live in Midland and make trips to the Big Bend. I also worked in that area.. If you are ever in the area, Im easy to find.......
BTW , you need to visit Balmorhea texas, its nice little oasis in the Texas desert.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Bob, I actually live in Midland and make trips to the Big Bend. I also worked in that area.. If you are ever in the area, Im easy to find.......
BTW , you need to visit Balmorhea texas, its nice little oasis in the Texas desert.
Bob, Be careful, you can drive ALL DAY and STILL be in Texas !
The loss of a loved one does take time to get over and even after a couple of years something will jar your memory and heart as you drive by an area or favorite spot.

eveled

Hunter
I was amused by him giving his killer forgiveness, but telling his son to settle the score. Doesn’t sound like he forgave him to me. Lol.

langenc

Single-Sixer
My son went to West Point. When we delivered him another cadet had come from Texas. The other cadets sister was amazed that she and Dad had driven thru 5 states in one day on gthere way to NY. Cant do that in Texas.
Buddy when I was in the Army Lived in JKennings LA-about 50 mi E of the W LA state line w/ Texas. Johnny bro was stationed in Elpaso, TX. For him to go home was 1000 miles (one way)...
My Gramps told me long ago to look at the US map. From the southern most part of TX to the N border of TX is ONE-HALF the way to Canada...

Latest posts