Ammo Storage Question (mixing different brands)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ncspeedsix

Single-Sixer
Hey All,
I have about 500 rounds of winchester bulk ammo and 500 rounds of umc bulk ammo which I use for target shooting, and I am looking to consolidate them into one military storage container to make room for some .38 specials. Both rounds are 115 grain and I don't notice a significant difference when I fire them, either in terms of accuracy or amount of residue when I clean my guns. I rarely shoot beyond 25 yards as my pistol is subcompact. My question is, would it be a good idea to mix the two types of 115 grain 9mm in one container or should I keep them separate?
Thanks!

ncspeedsix

Single-Sixer
i guess the argument against it would be if i get another gun that is non-compact down the road and find out that one round shoots more accurately at longer distances than the other. hopefully by then i will have shot all 1,000 rounds anyhow, so that won't be a problem.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I'm in here too late,, but when you have such a thing,, why not put a cardboard divider you can cut & install yourself in a military ammo can to seperate the different types of ammo?

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
ncspeedsix":1lo0c83b said:
i guess the argument against it would be if i get another gun that is non-compact down the road and find out that one round shoots more accurately at longer distances than the other.

Hi,

No worries: they're headstamped, and some cold winter evening you can always sit and separate them if it comes to that!

Well, that's if you don't do as Contender suggests... ;)

Rick C