Ammo problem in PC 9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toothache#1

Bearcat
I recently bought a PC 9 and so far I really am glad. What a fun gun. I have changed out the mag well to use Glock mags and that seems to be going well. I have been trying out some ammo I have on hand. It would not shoot Armscor but Winchester and Winchester shooters performed well. For the most part, I carry Hornady Critical Duty +P ammo in my 9mm's and they have functioned well in all of them. But I got hang ups on 2 of the first 5 of the Hornady ammo. The cases hung up in the slide and were pretty crimped up. As it started raining I ended the session early and did not continue to try the ammo, nor have I had a chance since to try them again. But I was surprised at the malfunction and it has shaken my confidence. I estimate I have shot this gun about 400 times or so and have not cleaned it, possibly a contributing problem. If anyone has any comment on this problem, I would love to hear them.

Popakapoff

Bearcat
Clean it out real good I stripped the gun down the second I got it home and cleaned and lubed everything there was a lot of machine oil on it and that crack cooks up quick