ammo prices

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigfanofsr9

Bearcat
I bought the 250 9mm from Dicks...it was Ultramax reloads, LEAD! Dumby me didn't notice until I got home. I fired every one of them this weekend through my brand new SR9, and EVERY one of them fired without issue. Unless you consider the smoke signals I was sending. To rapid fire 17 shots would make the target disappear into a smoke screen. :)

A

Anonymous

Just paid 108.34 (tax included) for 300 rounds of 380 Winchester white Boxes Guess that's 10.07 per box w/7% tax..

Of Course it was my local gun shop where I buy all my stuff so they always give their gun customers a break.

BTW the 380 amo is usually tuff to find.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
I'm not following your math. 300 rounds = six fifty round boxes or three 100 round boxes. So, you paid either $36.11 per 100 round box or $18.06 per 50 round box with tax. Still a good price, about like WalMart when they have them in stock. I just ordered some 100 round boxes from Cabela's at about that price.

A

Anonymous

Ok.. So I was drunk at the time I posted.. I got a total of 6 boxes.. each holding 50 rounds.

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
Doug45601":1ev6ytxp said:
Ok.. So I was drunk at the time I posted.. .

LOL!!
Not the 1st time this has happened...,

Just to add, Wal-Mart now has UMC ammo, 250bx for $52+ tax and change, about $11 a box of 50 after "everyone" is paid, still not bad, especially compared to 45ACP (ammo/gun of choice:)

CBennett

Single-Sixer
I got one of those 100 packs of Remington UMC HOLLOW POINTS 9mm for $27 . Got a box of 50 9mm Federal for $9.97(well actually took all 4 they had on the shelf) and a box of Rem umc for $11, also get American eagle for $11.20 a 50 pack those are 147 grain flat points

Damageinc

Bearcat
waynejitsu":1tt1r92c said:
Doug45601":1tt1r92c said:
Ok.. So I was drunk at the time I posted.. .

LOL!!
Not the 1st time this has happened...,

Just to add, Wal-Mart now has UMC ammo, 250bx for $52+ tax and change, about $11 a box of 50 after "everyone" is paid, still not bad, especially compared to 45ACP (ammo/gun of choice:)

I'm so mad I went to Walmart today and that ammo came in yesterday. Just missed them! Dang.

Al James

Hunter
Doug45601":3f6zpnb8 said:
Ok.. So I was drunk at the time I posted.. I got a total of 6 boxes.. each holding 50 rounds.

Good for you! I'm on the wagon so I'm jealous!

raveneap

Bearcat
Picked up two bulk boxes of Federal .22LR (550 rounds each) at Walmart today - $18.97 a box. Been looking for .380 since I got my new LCP and he didn't know when he'd have any. Found some at a hardware store in a nearby town @ $19.99 box of 50. Target loads - not sure of brand as I asked my son, who lives near there, to pick them up. .380 is scarcer than hens teeth. I've got a box of Personal Protection loads but want to put some downrange to get comfortable with this little mouse gun.

mattsbox99

Hunter
I'm just happy I don't have to buy ammo... a few hours at the reloading bench and I have all I could want for under $5 a box of 50 for most handgun calibers.

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
mattsbox99":311by7jb said:
I'm just happy I don't have to buy ammo... a few hours at the reloading bench and I have all I could want for under $5 a box of 50 for most handgun calibers.

Yep..., I "used to" reload about 20 years ago. I wish I would have never sold my set up. It was NICE!!! Hornady make some good stuff.
I plan to cut down on ammo purchases and buy a new Hornady or Dillon Progressive now that I have a LOT of time to reload again:)

Not only is reloading cheaper than buying ammo, but you have full control of the quality control. You can load for target, hunting, etc, etc.
The ONLY thing I will buy will be self defense ammo at that point.

As soon as I can make room and build another custom bench, I will start loading again (which will probably be at least 6 more months), but something to look forward to:)
(I love hoarding ammo, LOL!!!)

rsxr22

Bearcat
Ammo in the ATL area has been pretty consistent from wally world, but 9mm just went up to 23.00 for 100 rounds and 45 came down to 32.oo

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
rsxr22":20omtqxm said:
Ammo in the ATL area has been pretty consistent from wally world, but 9mm just went up to 23.00 for 100 rounds and 45 came down to 32.oo

I'm west of ATL and sure don't see .22 ammo at wally world often! I'm close to Georgia Arms for the center fire ammo I don't reload.