Ammo Info please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lkrl

Bearcat
Can someone tell me the pro's and con's of using aluminum cased ammo in sp 101 357 mag...new to this...seems a lot cheaper but if lesser quality and shell expansion is an issue i would not use it...thanks.

DGW1949

Hunter
You know the up side.....it is cheaper.

Downside is....can't be reloaded, and the empties have zero resale value.

What little aluminum cased ammo that I've used seems to indicate that it'll work ok as long as you keep your gun clean...but that could be said of any ammo.

Hope this helps.

DGW

lkrl

Bearcat
DGW1949":1avzm327 said:

What little aluminum cased ammo that I've used seems to indicate that it'll work ok as long as you keep your gun clean...but that could be said of any ammo.

Hope this helps.

DGW
Thanks DGW...I knew aluminum cased ammo could not be reloaded but never thought about resale value.

DGW1949

Hunter
I'm thinking that brand-name, once fired .357 brass ought to be fetching about .06 each these days....but if you watch the classifieds, you'll get a better idea of current pricing.

Anyhow, that's just a thought. Might help you decide which route to go.

DGW

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
The absolute dirtiest ammo I ever fired was some CCI Blazer 9mm in aluminum cases back about 15 years ago. I don't shoot my P85 MKII? or whatever very often, but I've not used such ammo since.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
lkrl":2jqnraj3 said:
DGW1949":2jqnraj3 said:

Hope this helps.

DGW
Thanks DGW...I knew aluminum cased ammo could not be reloaded but never thought about resale value.

Just throw the empties in with your aluminum cans and sell 'em that way. :wink: