Ammo drought hits home

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dowby77

Bearcat
Okay I know I will not get too much sympathy from you guys but I thought I would share my misfortune.As some of you know I work for ATK at the Lewiston Id. Plant.I've been out of work for the last seven months for 3 herniated discs in my back,well I finally got released to go back to work so I head to the company store to pick up some ammo.I get there and they have put a limit on how much we can buy at a time and our prices have also been raised on most products,so I am starting to feel the ammo drought too and I dont like it.I know Im not as bad off as most of you but this is my nightmare

shaner

Bearcat
wow so the shortage is real? haahhah what sort of ammo do yu make at yur plant? that sort of cool you have a store thru them to buy things?

ConradM

Blackhawk
Seems to be getting better down here in Boise... Theirs WWB 9mm at walmart everytime I go and I saw some Blazer 9mm at cabela's yesterday.

Edirty692

Bearcat
Not to bad here in Gerogia, our Walmart gets a few rounds of everything
about twice a week, just have to beat everyone there or know somebody
that works there-like me- :D She gives me the inside scoop.

NMCB3

Bearcat
I`m starting to see more and more on the shelves around here every day. The prices haven't come down yet though.

dowby77

Bearcat
At the Lewiston Plant we make Gold dot,Lawman,Independance,Blazer brass&Blazer aluminum and some ferderal loads .Its the same plant that makes all your CCI rimfire Rds,and yes I can say that I load my own Ammunition :D.Just so you all know we are trying to keep up with demand. Please be patient.almost everyone on plant is working forced overtime to keep up.But you guys just shoot too much :D.So keep on shooting guys and gals. I like the Job security,and dont expect a price drop anytime soon :(

81bobcat

Bearcat
Availability is up and prices are sliding down in central Ohio. A gun shop in Columbus has 9mm for $9.99 a box with a 1,000 round limit. Three box limit on .380's.

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
I too am seeing more availablility...prices are no longer rising as far as I can tell...seems to have stabilized and holding current prices.

I have begun to see more 45 ACP in stock, which had really been in short supply in this area for quite some time.

Regards,

MD

mrwickwire

Bearcat
dowby77,

That is really cool that there is a company store for you guys. Do they just sell the stuff that the particular plant manufactures, or everything ATK makes? How many of your coworkers also shoot?

Ammo is still scarce in my neck of the woods...Long Island NY.

keby

Bearcat
Yep there is the place in Central Ohio to go and I bought a bunch of 9mm last week. The walmarts around here are actually starting to have ammo again too so I scored some more 9mm yesterday.

speedsixman

Single-Sixer
81bobcat -
keby -

Is the gun store you guys referred to Vance's by any chance? I haven't been there for a few months, but the last time I was, they seemed to have a pretty good stock of most items except powder and primers. It is usually such a madhouse (busy) that I don't go very ofter.

If WM doesn't have what you need you might try Meijers. They had Winchester 100 round value packs of 9mm for $25.99, and .45ACP for $36.99. That is up from last year, but to be expected, I guess.

Myron

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
I too am seeing more on the shelves now, in Charlotte NC, and just across into South Carolina areas. 45 ACP FMJ and 45 Colt are still not in abundant supply, but starting to see it here and there.

Prices are still up from early 2008 levels, but I don't believe they are continuing to rise. I would say ammo prices have at least leveled off. May take several more months, or a year or so, but barring some other panic scenario...possible might even see some price reductions.

Just my opinion...time will tell.

Regards,

MD

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
speedsixman":24i6tthz said:
Is the gun store you guys referred to Vance's by any chance? I haven't been there for a few months, but the last time I was, they seemed to have a pretty good stock of most items except powder and primers.
Walmart Dublin has had several hundred boxes on 9mm on the shelves for about $9 per box.

Last Friday, I was in Vance's and they had about 150k of primers on the shelf. They are now out of small pistol, but have every other variety (SPM, LP, LPM, SR, SRM, LR, LRM, Shotgun).

keby

Bearcat
Yep Vance's here in Columbus is keeping pretty well stocked up on everything. Local Walmarts here have been having a lot more lately as well. I haven't really had any luck at Meijers yet though.