American Rifleman November, 1934

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Look what came in the mail today ! The latest edition of 'American Rifleman'. How I wish that were true ! To be living back then, when things made sense, people minded their own business, and no one was after your guns .

That's the "Grand Old Man" himself, Elmer Keith, with his wife Lorraine, and daughter, Druzilla. Elmer shot the pictured antelope with an experimental rifle, .280 Dubiel .

elmer005-1.jpg

All you Elmer fans out there, Enjoy ! This particular magazine is coming up on its 75th anniversary !

I think I'm going to have it matted and framed for nostalgia's sake. After all, it is 75 years old :D . I believe this is the only cover Elmer was ever on for American Rifleman.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
americal said,
Hurts me to think--- what it took to get his hand back to some use tough man

How about when He re-set his broken nose with a rubber erasered pencil :shock: . He jammed the pencil up his nose, eraser end first, jiggled it around to move the bones in place, and then taped the pencil in place. Ater a weeks time, He did the same to the other nostril. Yeah, I'd say pretty tough :!: :!: :!:

tek4260

Buckeye
I think my dealer has that issue stuffed away in his back room. Think there is an article in there about how the government was working to take away our gun rights. Imagine what the author would think if he had a look at todays political climate!

Latest posts