Amazon

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I live in a rural area where it takes me about 30 minutes to drive to town if I want to buy something. That's why I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. I have a prime account so shipping is always free. But I like getting my stuff like two days later. Sure, the item may cost a little more for the "free" Prime shipping but I like the convenience.

When I ordered something, they used to send me a notice the it would be delivered like 2 PM to 6 PM. Then they started to say deliveries would be between 4 PM and 8 PM. Yesterday i had a delivery get here at 8 PM. The thing is that I live in a very rural area with dirt roads. My place is hard to find in the dark. But if they follow my 5 signs on the dirt roads they will take the driver right to my place.

I have a delivery coming tomorrow and now they set the delivery to take place by 10 PM. Now ten PM is getting a little ridiculous. I keep hearing on the news about Amazon hiring all those people to keep up with deliveries, but 10 PM is really getting ridiculous.

I too have Prime and every notification I have ever received always states delivery prior to 10 pm. In my area, I am in a small older community but out on the country, the latest I have ever had was about 7 pm.
I buy a lot also because of my lack of long distance walking ability if I go go any local stores.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I have had several that said something like "By 10pm",
that arrived well before sundown.

While I'm guessing, my bet is that the time shown is generated by an algorithm
that is based on when they . . think . . they will have it on a truck, rather than
when it is most likely to arrive.

:?:

RonT

Buckeye
Lately Amazon has been using UPS instead of the usual USPS. USPS was always accurate as to delivery day and time and coincided with the carriers daily route. UPS service has been very bad and never coincided with the day and time indicated in the email from UPS.

We live in town, and sometimes we get the notifications about late deliveries. Usually when they say 10pm, it won’t show up until the next day.

Lately we’ve had more and more packages from Amazon showing up late. The delivery date gets pushed back by a day or so. This happens about once a week. It’s not that big of a deal to me though.

One time I did call Amazon and complain that our packages had been showing up later and later like Cary’s. Then for a while things changes and we actually got a package before sunset. I’d suggest giving them a polite call. They are usually very friendly on the phone. I’ve had to call them several times…

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
RonT said:
Lately Amazon has been using UPS instead of the usual USPS. USPS was always accurate as to delivery day and time and coincided with the carriers daily route. UPS service has been very bad and never coincided with the day and time indicated in the email from UPS.

USPS always accurate? I had a package returned because the address didn’t exist. Well, in the city they tried to deliver it to it doesn’t. But I assure you I exist. Seems the USPS doesn’t know what zip codes are for. Oh wait they invented them.

Igor

Single-Sixer
Too funny. Just now, while reading this thread my doorbell rang..............and it was Amazon delivering two things my wife ordered yesterday. We have been using Amazon Prime for years, and are never disappointed. We see Amazon trucks in our neighborhood 6-8 times a day.

RonT

Buckeye
Jeepnik said:
RonT said:

USPS always accurate? I had a package returned because the address didn’t exist. Well, in the city they tried to deliver it to it doesn’t. But I assure you I exist. Seems the USPS doesn’t know what zip codes are for. Oh wait they invented them.
I never had a bad experience with USPS. You had ONE bad experience. How many good experiences have you had? :)

This
We see Amazon trucks in our neighborhood 6-8 times a day.

We do as well. Often we will get two Amazon packages in one day from two different trucks.

This is the last mile delivery, and it’s often the hardest to manage. I’m sure they are trying to do the best job possible, but 6 or 8 trucks crisscrossing the same neighborhood seems counter productive. And it’s not just one neighborhood…what a waste of gasoline.

Igor

Single-Sixer
Kevin said:
This
We see Amazon trucks in our neighborhood 6-8 times a day.

We do as well. Often we will get two Amazon packages in one day from two different trucks.

This is the last mile delivery, and it’s often the hardest to manage. I’m sure they are trying to do the best job possible, but 6 or 8 trucks crisscrossing the same neighborhood seems counter productive. And it’s not just one neighborhood…what a waste of gasoline.

That "waste of gasoline" will soon be a thing of the past. Amazon has ordered a fleet of electric vans from Rivian........which just went public today, by the way.

Amazon expects to have 10,000 Rivian vans on the road making deliveries as early as 2022, with a total fleet of 100,000 vehicles expected by 2030.

Interesting world we live in...............

It sounds like your deliveries are now being done directly by Amazon.... I bet you can go on line and refine your delivery times so that they will not be wandering around in the dark. 10pm is just damn silly.... I live here in a city and I don't want someone walking up my driveway at 10pm.... mainly because they might wake me up.

If I was not on the down hill side of my service business, I would be looking at either a hybrid or all electric work van.... I am mezmerized by my wife's new hybrid car... at least until it needs some repair.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Just to say that you may be thankful that you don't have "porch pirates" , which are plentiful around here.