AMAZON !!!!!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This is pretty hard to believe. For $20, I thought I'd try one of those TacShavers they advertise on TV. I ordered one from Amazon. I came broken in the box. The bottom of the razor has one screw in it that screws into a nylon piece inside the razor.

Well that nylon piece was broken so the bottom of the razor fell off. I went though the return process and printed out the UPS return shipping thing. I took it to the UPS store and they shipped it off. I then called Amazon and told them about this and they wanted to return my money. I said no, just ship me a new razor that works. I had to wait about 6 days to get it. Seems they misplaced my package somewhere.

I finally got the package delivered and guess what? You won't believe this. I opened the package and it was the same broken razor that I returned to them. The nylon piece was broken the same way.

I called them back today and talked to a lady to find out what was going on. She said she didn't know why that happened. Again, she said she would return my payment. I told her I didn't want my money back, just ship me a razor that works. She said that unfortunately she could not ship me a new one because they were out of the product. So I said, "they were out of new ones so they just sent the broken one back to me"? She hem hawed and stammered a while and I said just return my money along with a few choice words.

The package even had two labels on it. The top label was applied kind of sloppy like so I carefully peeled it back to reveal that the label was also addressed to me and dated one day earlier than the top label.

Does Biden have anything to do with Amazon? They can purchase 100,000 electric vehicles but they couldn't get me a working razor. :evil:

Sometimes checking the reviews helps prior to buying anything. This first guy isn't thrilled with his Tactical razor.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&ei=UTF-8&p=tac+shavers+reviews#id=1&vid=308b90043f4b2c52a9a35e2ef51273c2&action=click

RonT

Buckeye
I try to shop locally as much as possible but since I'm in a rural area the local stores don't always have what I need so I use amazon.com, walmart.com and sometimes target.com. I never had a problem with any of them. Just lucky I guess.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Sometimes checking the reviews helps prior to buying anything.
This first guy isn't thrilled with his Tactical razor.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&ei=UTF-8&p=tac+shavers+reviews#id=1&vid=308b90043f4b2c52a9a35e2ef51273c2&action=click
I looked at the advertisements for the "Tactical Razor" and found that many (most?)
said it was "less than optimal". I also looked at the price and decided it probably
was not what I wanted, so I didn't bother to order one.

As to Amazon, when (not frequently) I need to return an item, I do a return. Then
if I . . . really . . . want the item, order another on a few days later. I've yet to have
a problem, using that process. - - - Actually, I've had more problem with Cabella's
than I've had with Amazon.

I finally got the package delivered and guess what? You won't believe this. I opened the package and it was the same broken razor that I returned to them

That is absolutely hilarious!!!!

We've had good experiences with Amazon. A few quirks, but overall it's been good. A few times, packages have gotten lost. When this happens, I do the online thing asking for a refund. Then, I get a reply which says, when the package is returned to them they will start the refund process. I always have to call, as the package is lost and certainly won't get returned. This has happened probably half a dozen times in the last year.

For the record, I already have a good razor. I've used Norelco all my adult life. I figured for a small price of twenty bucks I would try this razor and just put it in a cabinet as a standby razor.

I live 30 minutes away from town so I don't always drive there when I want something. Amazon is the only place I can get (usually two days) Prime shipping. That's why I do Amazon.

vito

Hunter
I use Amazon all the time, and I mean all the time. Never have a problem with Amazon, but sometimes the products themselves are not up to what I wanted or thought I was getting. But their return policy is simple and effective, and overall I am amazed at the service and speed. Now we are getting some items delivered the same day as ordered, but usually its a day or two. And I use their system to send a tiny percentage to a charity of my choice. For me its the 2nd Amendment Foundation and while what is sent to them is a small amount, it adds up and costs me nothing extra.

And I use their system to send a tiny percentage to a charity of my choice
Yep, Amazon Smiles. We have it set up to donate to "REALIZE firearms awareness coalition" The non profit set up by Frustrated Middle Child from here at the Ruger Forum. Very nice and like you said, doesn't cost anything on my end.

I returned the broken razor and asked for a new replacement. They were out of new razors so they sent me the broken one back.

I don't care what you say...that deserves some strong language.