Amazon vs Walmart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vito

Hunter
Thinking about an alternative to Amazon, because of their unwavering support of progressive politicians, I went to walmart.com and looked up the last three items that I had ordered from Amazon, all in the last few days. Walmart was 25-30% higher in price, and listed the items as 3 day shipping (with Amazon Prime I routinely get items in two days, and sometimes quicker). So it looks like Walmart is not a viable alternative. Is there anyone else out there that can be an option instead of Amazon?

buckaroo

Banned
Nope, they rule the cheap Chinese junk throwaway market and wait until they build their brick and mortar stores, Walmart may have to go back to selling American made. Albeit with cheap illegal migrant labor.
Interesting tidbit I learnt yesterday, Berkshire Hathaway owns Walmart. (Warren Buffett) it explains a lot.

Target?

But! Does Wal Mart endorse the politicians you like? That’s a fair question, because regardless of which company any of us buy from, there is going to be some aspect of that company we don’t care for.

Actually though, if Amazon builds some brick and mortar stores, they will have to raise prices to support those stores.

vito

Hunter
The convenience, prices and yes, quality of merchandise, combined with fast delivery and incredible return policies make Amazon the go-to source for most everything for me for the last several years. The charity that I designated for the tiny percentage sent to the charity of my choice is the 2nd Amendment Foundation. I dislike the political stance of Amazon and its arrogant owner but as a customer it would be hard to be more pleased. I don't know that Walmart is any better politically (I know one of Sam Walton's daughters gave $2 billion to NPR), and I don't want to pay 30% more for whatever I order. Unless I find a viable alternative, I guess I will keep ordering from Amazon. I won't cut my nose off to spite my face.

wwb

Hunter
Check closely when looking at any item on Amazon.... there is almost always a "country of origin" line in there. Sometimes, there is no option other than China, but I'll spend a bit more if there is a non-Chinese option, even if it's not "Made in USA".

buckaroo

Banned
Globally sourced materials like your Tecovas boots. Doesn't change the fact it's junk throwaway no matter how much you spend for the junk. :)
Some of you people think you are such patriotic proud Americans, complete with a parade, apple pie and your Chinese made American flags.

Globally sourced materials like your Tecovas boots. Doesn't change the fact it's junk throwaway no matter how much you spend for the junk. :)
Some of you people think you are such patriotic proud Americans, complete with a parade, apple pie and your Chinese made American flags.
Well I don't own any Tecovas boots and my American flag is America made. So, back to my question. Where is the keyboard you are typing on made?

bobski

Hunter
amazon wears out the roads, causing taxes to increase. gas isnt cheap either. boxing materials require more virgin forests to be cut.... which makes lumber co's have to replant un-natural harvest forests. guess who pays in the long run? ya know, i never lost an item in my shopping cart from the shelf, to the trunk, to the cupboard, because i was in charge of its delivery.

txramfan

Single-Sixer
Nope, they rule the cheap Chinese junk throwaway market and wait until they build their brick and mortar stores, Walmart may have to go back to selling American made. Albeit with cheap illegal migrant labor.
Interesting tidbit I learnt yesterday, Berkshire Hathaway owns Walmart. (Warren Buffett) it explains a lot.
Your interesting tidbit is wrong.
Berkshire Hathaway does not own Wal-Mart.
Both companies are publicly traded , you can buy stock in either .
Full disclosure, wife owns some Berkshire Hathaway b stock and the first stock I ever bought was Wal-Mart back in the early 80s, should have held on, I foolishly sold them to redo a house.

buckaroo

Banned
Full disclosure, wife owns some Berkshire Hathaway b stock and the first stock I ever bought was Wal-Mart back in the early 80s, should have held on, I foolishly sold them to redo a house.

Sounds like you made a wise choice and don't feel embarrassed, most true real conservatives know all about you RINO's. :) There has not been a true real conservative in politics since Barry Goldwater. And we could not even buy a mask for the plan-demic made in America. And guess where most of the COVID-19 jabs are made. That one is a real hoot.

Mao and the virus.jpg

txramfan

Single-Sixer
Sounds like you made a wise choice and don't feel embarrassed, most true real conservatives know all about you RINO's. :) There has not been a true real conservative in politics since Barry Goldwater. And we could not even buy a mask for the plan-demic made in America. And guess where most of the COVID-19 jabs are made. That one is a real hoot.

View attachment 11517
You truly don't understand stocks and I have nothing to be embarrassed about.
Mask are made in America, in fact a manufacturer is located in Tarrant County Texas. Back in 2020 they couldn't sell them due to a whole bunch of reasons ( feds wouldn't allow advertising of the mask they made because of fakes offered on line is one) Dallas Morning News has written about that company and the problems they have endured trying to compete with imported products.
Anything else you need to be educated on pertaining to masks or BRK/B or WMT ?