Amazon orders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

txramfan

Single-Sixer
While I don't have a problem with the company Amazon, I do have a problem with the owner - Jeff Bezos.

It's true that he donates some money to the right, but he donates 100x that amount to the left. He's responsible for funding the elections of liberal DAs (like George Gascon), liberal judges, and liberal politicians. The result is prisons releasing dangerous and violent felons onto the streets, no cash bail, short sentences or dismissed charges, defunded police departments, and so on.

Why would Bezos want thieves, arsonists, murderers, and so on put out on our streets? Simple - Amazon doesn't have a brick & mortar store. Thieves make stores have to increase prices to cover the cost of looted items. Arsonists destroy entire businesses. Murderers and violent thugs make people avoid going into business districts where violence is common. Every one of these things make people choose to stay home and order what they need from Amazon and have it delivered to their homes.

High crime = good for his business model, but bad for society.

I never order anything from Amazon unless I absolutely cannot find an item any place else. Between e-bay, Walmart, and other choices, I can usually find what I need. Less convenient and a little higher priced - maybe. But at least I can sleep well at night knowing that I'm not contributing (as much) to the destruction of society.

Rant Over.
Amazon does in fact own and operate retail locations. Amazon owns Whole Foods ,now they might not be in your area but they do operate in multiple states and have over 500 locations.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
When did we become a society too lazy to go to the store?

This millennial, instant gratification, social media world has changed a lot of things and a lot of people …..
Hi,

Another way to look at Amazon: "Sears, Roebuck catalog, Ver. 2022."

They (Amazon) are just doing the same as Sears did--quite successfully--for decades before the "It ain't broke but we're gonna fix it anyway" crowd got into the boardroom. Sears made it possible for millions of people to shop with them from way out in the boonies where there were few or no brick and mortar stores. Amazon's just taking advantage of the old becoming new again as far as shopping style's concerned.

My personal thoughts on the demise of Sears revolve about never having anybody around to take my money. And anybody who has a big brick and mortar store yet tells me they don't have it in the store but they can order it for me misses the point of having the B&M store in the first place. Amazon doesn't seem to have either of those problems!

Rick C

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Cary c. not picking a fight here, but you have two oxymorons here, your small malmart closed. in part mostly due the towns compliancy to support it own local store. im sure there's lot of other factors. Amazon you can count on being a big part of why its now gone. two, you complain about making you life harder? inaction, compactly, convenients, over what you stand for and support. yes, your money matters. far leftist views have ruined this country. the bone head in office now is a great example. how's $5 going working for us all. im pretty convenient your life easyer now with high price gas. (sarcastic added) stand for something. I stand against not supporting leftest views with my spending powers. over price, convenients or inconvenient.
Hi,

Perhaps you could use some of that money you're not giving to Bezos and retain the services of a proofreader. Just WHAT are you trying to say?

Rick C

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
I buy a lot of diverse things for the way I live. If I tried to buy them locally, I'd be burning a couple of tanks of gas a week, plus spending hours on the phone looking for them. Store inventory on their websites is spotty at best in many places so that's not really an option.

So I'll use Amazon because it saves me a ton of time and money and time is something I can't replace.

Latest posts