Amazon Again

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sfhogman

Buckeye
The living corpse of San Francisco Ca USA
My reason would be this: if someone makes it better at a competitive price, I'll buy it. If they can have it on my porch in two days so much the better.
I always check out my local family owned hardware store first; I'll even pay a bit more. If they ain't got it, it's straight to Amazon for me.

Actually, we've all been brain washed into believing that price is the most important thing... but the reality is it is actually about 9th down on the list...

the thing about Amazon is it is easy... and pretty dern reliable
Amazon is easy, I would be curious to find out what the first 8 reasons are on the “list.”

However, I do agree price isn’t the most important thing.

I do buy expensive items on Amazon, however I usually shop around, make sure it’s what I need etc.

More important than price? Made in USA? All of that can be sorted on Amazon’s search functions.

Another thing about Amazon I’ve noticed. The more you spend, then nicer they are to you.

redhawker

Buckeye
It really wasn't about your time line. My point was everyone talks about buying American, using the local store, etc etc, but in the end, they all have a reason why they don't do it!
True. If there wasn't a reason, in other words, if the other places had the stuff and would ship it in a timely manner Amazon would likely lose a lot of business.

Snake Pleskin

Hunter
I’ve noticed it’s just about impossible to “ buy American “ whether you get it from Amazon or a local store.
It is very scary. Some one posted earlier that if we took away all the Chinese goods, and I'll add "third world" goods we would all be naked. That is not 100% correct, but it is very close! Unless you have big $bucks and can afford to buy clothes from the most expensive makers etc. You (and me) will be naked!

Snake Pleskin

Hunter
I have found that many things on Amazon turn out to be "different' than the pictures etc. hundreds of comments from people complaining that what they got was different, looked used, wasn't what they thought it was etc. It seems to me Amazon has the "largest" returns dept in the world. Sometime reminds me of one big Ponzi scheme!

Mega Twin

Blackhawk
I ordered 2 fans for my deck from amazon and one only worked for 3 days before seizing up.
I did the return thing online and they emailed a label. I asked for a replacement and not a refund.That same day I was emailed a tracking number for the replacement before I even had a chance to drop off the defective one at ups.

Knock brick-and-mud stores if you will, but they accept CASH! And most can make change.

Bob Wright
Except VERIZON stores. I bought something from them (can't remember what) sometime back. I handed him a $20.00 bill and was told we don't take cash. He said that I could use a credit card. I told him that had I wanted 'credit' I wouldn't have given him cash. I showed him the statement under the seal on the bill. He took the bill, went across the street to the Waffle House, got change, came back and we completed the sale.

Latest posts