Amazing find.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scuffler

Bearcat
I found a 1972 Walther PP 380 Today, a Lady that I worked for sold it to me. I am not sure if I will keep it or not. It is unfired in the box.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Sweet! In 1976 I fell into a similar deal on a 1968 PP .380, NIB with all papers, etc. A few years later I swapped it for a used PP in .22, which is what I wanted in the first place. I still have the .22 PP, but of course now I wish I'd kept the .380 too and just paid cash for the .22. :(

scuffler

Bearcat
what if there is no other way, to come up with needed cash?
No family, no friends to borrow from, nothing else to sell.
My wife deserves for me to take care of her even if I have to sell a gun.

mekender

Single-Sixer
scuffler":1a937uws said:
what if there is no other way, to come up with needed cash?
No family, no friends to borrow from, nothing else to sell.
My wife deserves for me to take care of her even if I have to sell a gun.

sell the wife :lol:

george preston

Single-Sixer
My brother and I have a simple rule: Once a firearm comes into our position, it does not leave! We don't even trade between the two of us. Several years ago he got a honey of a deal on TC Encore ($150) but he doesn't do much black powder hunting. So, he lent me the rifle, I put a scope on it and change out the primer removal lever….Now I've got about $150 into HIS gun! Every year, at the end of the season, I clean it up and give it back. Then, next year, I pick it up, check the zero, and hunt with it all season.
I think we get it from our dad. Sometime in the 70's he stopped trading firearms because he would always end up with traders remorse.

scuffler

Bearcat
I would like to live by your rule George, and I am well acquainted with sellers remorse, but my wife is disabled and I am a non degreed clerk who doesn't make much money. Actually I sold the gun yesterday and made a profit.

LTB45

Bearcat
scuffler":2lx46plg said:
I would like to live by your rule George, and I am well acquainted with sellers remorse, but my wife is disabled and I am a non degreed clerk who doesn't make much money. Actually I sold the gun yesterday and made a profit.

Different situations call for different action. Food on the table, bills getting paid Rate #1. If you need to sell a gun that you cant afford to shoot anyway then it must go! As long as you keep at least one for self defense or putting food on the table!
Protecting and caring for loved ones has to come first. Buyers remorse would be non issue here!! IMO.

I hope you made a BIG profit!!!

george preston

Single-Sixer
If I had to choose between selling off my firearms or providing for my family the choice would be easy. I'd sell the lot and not think twice about it. I've just always had a hard time trading one firearm for another or selling one to buy another. Sellers remorse would be a non-issue if it came down to my families' wellbeing.

msu556

Bearcat
Ive only sold two guns in my life, one was a SKS that didnt function properly ( used money to get a MINI-14) and I sold a Ruger P944 to my father to pick up a great condition om Blackhawk. Will most likely never sell a gun unless the circumstances are very bad.

scuffler

Bearcat
Great discussion here, I am doing my best to keep the other guns that I have. Keep us in your prayers guys, I am working full time but am not really keeping my head above water financially.

toysoldier

Hunter
Providing for myself and my family is what kept my gun collection small. I could have purchased a Hawkeye, LNIB for $70, but had to buy college textbooks instead. Later, when I had a FFL, I couldn't afford the $69 Swiss rifles or other bargains available, because I had a wife and two kids. Now that I have a modest amount of "discresionary funding", prices have shot up and I still can't afford much.