Am I getting less intelligent?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Hunter
Found some old college papers the other day and read them. Wow! I made some brilliant arguments and the writing was so professional. While I don't feel any less intelligent it seems like I must have been better in my prime. I guess getting old isn't for the faint of heart!

buckaroo

Banned
Your 20's are most important years of your life for many reasons it's also the period of creative heights with very little inhibition. And most of the thoughts of regrets in life go back to that period and once there gone there gone.

The Stages of Life

stages of life.png

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Well, it does seem that the dumber youth gets, the smarter I become.

I say that in jest, but when I was working, most of the young engineers who had to write letters had me write them for them. I read a report from another engineering firm outlining renovations to a grain elevator. The report was so poorly written and full of bad grammar the client never even got beyond the reading of that report. We got the job instead.

Bob Wright

Snake45

Hawkeye
Well, it does seem that the dumber youth gets, the smarter I become.

I say that in jest, but when I was working, most of the young engineers who had to write letters had me write them for them. I read a report from another engineering firm outlining renovations to a grain elevator. The report was so poorly written and full of bad grammar the client never even got beyond the reading of that report. We got the job instead.

Bob Wright
I seem to recall you posting about that at the time, several years ago. Or am I thinking about somebody else's story? :confused:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I seem to recall you posting about that at the time, several years ago. Or am I thinking about somebody else's story? :confused:

Yep. That's mine.

One example from that report:

What the firm meant to say:

"A down spout fitted to the distributor in the headhouse should be installed and feed a belt conveyor on the bin deck roof. This conveyor to extend the length of the roof deck and feed into the boot of a bucket elevator to be located at the far end of the deck."

The report actually read:

"You can fly from the headhouse to the roof, Then you would run along the roof and into a bucket elevator to the truck building."

Bob Wright

Last edited:

kcsteve

Single-Sixer
Found some old college papers the other day and read them. Wow! I made some brilliant arguments and the writing was so professional. While I don't feel any less intelligent it seems like I must have been better in my prime. I guess getting old isn't for the faint of heart!
Yes you are getting dummer. Blood pressure meds and a host of other meds make us dumb. Whatever causes dementia and Alzheimer’s is slowly building up in our system.
At least we get better looking. LOL!

crstrode

Single-Sixer
Compared to the people I interface with on a daily basis, there is less than zero chance I'm getting dumber . . . however that is a relative comparison.

Johnnu2

Buckeye
Well, if high school and college years are my benchmarks........... I'M IN DEEP, DEEP TROUBLE NOW.

J.

Latest posts