aluminum 10/22 trigger guard coming

Help Support Ruger Forum:

msr

Bearcat
Spoke to the fine folks at Power Custom today and they are working on a replacement aluminum trigger guard for the 10/22. No date or price as of yet but it should be a nice addition for the new 10/22's with the plastic part. He did not explain how it would work though.

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
I don't understand the problem some seem to have with the "plastic" trigger guard. I watched the video on the Ruger site and it showed that it is stronger than the aluminum.

What gives? 'splain it to me, Lucy.:?

DM

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'm with ya DM. Ppl are just too stubbornly stuck in the days of old and unable to accept change. I still wonder how many that dismiss these poly parts have polymer framed auto pistols.

that's exactly what happened to me BlkHawk73, when the announcement came out about the plastic trigger groups I was shaking my head with disdain at Ruger for screwing up the 10/22... then I realized my favorite pistol was the P-95 which is half plastic...

I don't think Aluminum is that great a metal anyway.... now steel that is a different story.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Aluminum is great for things like the pistons in a 8000 horsepower top fuel dragster, but the 10/22 is fine with a plastic trigger guard.

Joe M

Bearcat
I don't see a problem with the plastic trigger guard as much as I see a problem with the plastic butt-plate. I can even live with the plastic barrel band.

The butt-plate however IMHO needs to be metal I feel. Just my personal preference, as when I move into the prone shooting position I do it military style, so I would prefer a metal butt-plate.

DavidABQ

Bearcat
You can polish the plastic trigger group housing to match a polished receiver like you can with an aluminum trigger group housing.

msr

Bearcat
This was simply a post to inform those who are not happy with the plastic one.

robertscheib

Bearcat
I too was one of the 'anti-plastic parts on 10/22's' guys...........until I finally got really fed up with searching for an "affordable" decent condition classic metal parts example!! A couple of months ago I swallowed my ignorance / prejudice and bought a new wood stocked "carbine", plastic parts and all. And now it's my favorite range "fun" .22!! Accurate at 50 and 100 yards, and totally trouble free with a variety of ammo.
All I've done to it so far is centered the barreled action in stock w/simple glued in place shims, "floated" the barrel, done a bit of polishing on trigger and bolt parts that rub on each other, and installed a TECH-SIGHT "peep" sight kit. It's a load of fun to shoot at spinner targets and prints amazingly tight patterns on paper with any decent quality ammo.
So there you have it - one converts confession, what a relief!!!!

robertscheib

Bearcat
Joe M,
I too got the "TRS200" TECH-SIGHT - really pleased with them. I am ordering the SKS kit shortly for my Russian M45 - it's a great 200 yrd shooter but I have same issue with the sights.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
I am not wild about plastic parts. You can thank Mossberg and Crossman for that.

Friend of mine had a Crossman with a pastic stock. He layed it down on the ground, I stepped on it (way back when I weighed 80lbs), and the stock crumbled. I then bought him a new one.

Next instance was with a Mossberg bolt action 410. The trigger guard was made of plastic. Some how it knocked up against something and broke. I had to super glue it back together.

Never had either of the above things happen with a Metal frame wood stocked gun. If i had, maybe i would feel different.

No I do not own a polymer framed pistol, I do own some with plastic grips. Not wild about the plastic grips, so I often find myself lookin for wood replacement grips.

Charlie

Desert Dawg

Bearcat
Either way - polymer or aluminum - is ok with me.

Ruger did an interesting drop test on a polymer and aluminum trigger guard.

It's on their site in the video section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm waiting to hear some serious whining when polymer automotive wheels are introduced....

Imra

Bearcat
this is why i prefer metal triggers/trigger guards on some of my builds. lets not forget that you cant jewel or engrave plastic that well ;)

100_2185-1.jpg

100_1304.jpg

100_1422.jpg

100_1664.jpg
[

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
To all the people who can't figure out why most of us don't like "Plastic
...or think it is because the resistence to change.

What do you think the reaction would be if Ruger started making their SA gripframes in polymer? They are stronger, easier to manufacture, and supposedly superior in every way. How about synthetic stocks for their #1 rifles? Or reverse the argument...SR556 with wood rather than plastic furniture?

There is a difference between the two and not from the traditional "engineering" perspective...

LarryH

Single-Sixer
Imra,
Your 10/22s look familiar. Where are the skulls?
Good to see you here!
Oh. on the OP, I am a traditionalist also as I like the metal TGs. However, have 2 of the polymer and they are running quite nicely so far.

Imra

Bearcat
Thanks, its always nice to find another strong ruger group to help me spend all my money :D

ah i wish i could claim some of those were mine, but those were all stolen from RFC since i dont have any pics of my jeweled stuff yet

Desert Dawg

Bearcat
In the end, the market will settle the argument.

Gotta admit, plastic on a single action revolver kinda goes against the grain....