All Weather American Rifle No Longer Available?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbzdel

Bearcat
I have been looking into picking up a Ruger American All Weather (Stainless) in .308 for several weeks now. While browsing Rugers website last night I see it was recently updated and the American All Weather models (both standard and compact) had been removed from their website and I had a book mark saved and it no longer works. Any word on if they have discontinued this model?

rangerbob

Buckeye
I received an e-mail from Williams Shooters a couple of weeks ago with a list of discontinued items. The stainless Americans were on the list as were 44 and 45 Blued Bisleys. Bob! :(

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
I've never even seen a stainless American out in the wild--so they probably didn't make very many to start with.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
rugerfreak said:
I've never even seen a stainless American out in the wild--so they probably didn't make very many to start with.
Ruger's web site lists the American Magnum version as available in stainless steel, and only stainless steel.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I suspect using SS raised the price higher than most American rifle buyers wanted to pay or they just were not making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for Ruger. Bob! :wink:

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
I suspect using SS raised the price higher than most American rifle buyers wanted to pay or they just were not making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for Ruger. Bob! :wink:
That was my experience, they were expensive to buy, they laid around for quite a while and had smaller margins when they finally sold.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
GAO LLC said:
rangerbob said:
That was my experience, they were expensive to buy, they laid around for quite a while and had smaller margins when they finally sold.
They were "expensive" compared to the blue versions but still very reasonable compared to other stainless rifles. But, as noted, this is a very price sensitive class of firearms.