Alien Tape . . . Anyone actually use it?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
We periodically see a BUNCH of advertisement for Alien Tape, and I'll admit I'm
skeptical about their claims. - - - OK, so I go and try the reviews on various forums
to see if there would be any clarification. - - - Not that I can see.

Claims from !#%**#[email protected]%^ junk, to perfect. Unfortunately in almost equal quantities.

Has anyone here actually tried the stuff? The one consistent complaint is the inaccuracy
in the TV advertising (PLEASE do not tell us that you do not watch TV), of it being
reusable on painted surfaces.

Some actual user input would be appreciated. 😉

woodsy

Blackhawk
Yeah, I bought some and tried it out. Yes, it WILL ruin a painted surface if left for more than an hour or two. And, the instructions inside the box don't agree with the ad copy on the outside of the box. Bottom line is that I don't trust it. I have double-stick masking tape that always releases even years into the future. And I don't trust the Alien tape to hold anything heavy. There's no adhesive in it, by the way. It works by "Van der Waals' " forces, which even puzzles many physicists. So now the box sits on the shelf, waiting for me to finally discard it.

wolfsong

Staff member
It only takes a few negative reviews (with video documentation) to persuade me not to purchase something. I understand that there are always anomalies with anything man made, but an item must perform as designed and advertised for me to consider buying it. Alien Tape doesn't meet that criteria, in my research. I guess if you were hanging some gardening tools (shovel, rake, hoe etc.) on a surface such as a metal shed wall, it probably wouldn't bother you WHEN, not IF, it fails. Other than that, I wouldn't trust it to hold anything valuable on my living room wall. YMMV.

jbenedetto2

Bearcat
Duct Tape works just as well. 🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🤣

Attachments

• 20220502_111346.jpg
    20220502_111346.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31

Latest posts