of this kind.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090923/ap_ ... o_shortage

One has to wonder with the shortages going back to immediately after
Obama's nomination, now almost a year or so, where the media has
been on this one, I know, they've ignored it until a good time to push
the story for their politico friends.

JohnnyRingo

Bearcat
shoot, reloading is my 3 favorite hobbies.......shooting,reloading and......well, you get the idea.....thing is, i saw this comming QUITE some time back, soon as his candidacy was anounced i stocked up on enough powder,primers brass , bullets,ect to last me probably the next 20 years or so.......i reload for everything i own, with exception of rimfire, and if i could reload for that, id be a rimfire reloadin fool ( when i bought my supplies, i bought several bricks of 22 and 22 mag....)

ive spoken to cci/speer and they say that they are over 18 months still backlogged on primers, horady says they are backlogged on bullets for the next 6-8 months, and most of the brass makers are also backordered.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
I saw that article on Yahoo last night 45flattop.

It is interesting to see it in the media, but I don't think there is anything new there for most of us in the gun world. It seemed kinda rehashed to me.

It does remind me that if one wanted to start a new business, ammo would be a good field to go into.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
45flattop":3us7ex4p said:
This would be laughable were it not for the observation by one in this story that without ammunition, a gun is just a paerweight.

Hi,

Yeah, I hope that doesn't give anyone any MORE ideas than they have.

However, what these rocket scientists DON'T recognize is that the American people are probably BETTER armed now than at any time in our history. Let's count some fingers and toes here...

Using "pre-panic" numbers I've seen, there are an estimated 80 million gunowners in this country. And an estimated 270 million guns (ALMOST one gun for per person in the country, probably one for each person capable of holding and shooting one!) If we estimate 50 rds per gun (probably WAY low if folks I know are any indication!), that's 13.5 BILLION rounds "out there."

I'm never sure how ignorant politicians and the media are, but even the Japanese in WWII and the Russians during the Cold War realized that's too much firepower to "make mad."

It's gonna be a long time before all we own are paperweights... I hope! I think I'll be loading some more this weekend!

Rick C

3ME

Bearcat
Gee, I wish I was smart like those AP reporters. Maybe tomorrow he can report on Jimmy Carter giving away the Panama Canal. I hear that story is breaking fast.

callshot

Blackhawk
Just wait until they finally do write the Health Care Bill. It will most likely have some gun control and ammunition components restricted, outlawed and hidden deep in the fine print of the bill that no one will know about until after it is the law of the land. After all Paper Weights don't hurt peoples health. This is just my pessimistic opinion.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
^^ Remember a few years ago when the CDC tried to classify gun violence as an "epidemic" among young people? Hey, if they can't win on a head on fight to ban guns they'll just try other avenues, like closing ranges over environmental concerns, taxing ammunition, declaring guns an unacceptable risk for your state-sponsored health care program, etc. We've seen their tactics.

-- Sam