alaskan commenorative

Help Support Ruger Forum:

collectorruger

Single-Sixer
I was told that they were making 100 gift sets with a coin and knife in a presentation box. Has anyone seen any of them? I would like to see pictures and the price. I was also told that it had diamonds set somewhere on the gun. Thanks for the help if anybody has seen one of them.

chet15

Hawkeye
The gun is the first 100 sn's of the Alaskan Super Blackhawk that has been pictured here on RF. The large star on the frame that is gold layered supposedly has a diamond chip in it.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
collectorruger":htirxvtd said:
Bought serial #4 today, It is one of the darkest blue blackhawks I've seen and really looks nice. My dealer still has 3 left if anyone is interested.

Yes, the Alaskan is a really nice gun. A great blue polish on that. Are the grips on your gun finally beveled like they should be? And do they fit the grip frame pretty well?? We got #AK-00161 (not the Diamond model) and the best way to describe those grips is that it looked like somebody fit a 2 x 4 to each side of the grip frame.
So the only thing different on your gun is the diamond chip within the large star on the frame in front of the cylinder, right?
Chet15

collectorruger

Single-Sixer
Thr grips are beveled and the fit is great and the only differance that I see is the star with the diamond but I have not seen any of the gun only guns. It has the gold coin , pres. box , and of all things a Browning knife, and a 50 year statehood gold sticker. I was also supprised that it had SR med.

chet15

Hawkeye
collectorruger":2l1r1wgn said:
Thr grips are beveled and the fit is great and the only differance that I see is the star with the diamond but I have not seen any of the gun only guns. It has the gold coin , pres. box , and of all things a Browning knife, and a 50 year statehood gold sticker. I was also supprised that it had SR med.

OK, thanks. Yes, sounds the same as the "gun only" except for the diamond chip. Of course the special box, gold coin and stuff like that was all added by TALO. Let me know the catalog number and Ruger catalog number on your "diamond" gun so we can be sure everything is the same in that. Thanks!
Chet15

Latest posts