Airguns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anyone like to shoot airguns? I have two that I've had for a long time and enjoy shooting, especially in the winter when it's too cold outside. I set up a 30 foot range in my basement and my son and I have a little competition. He's better with the rifle but I can usually out shoot him with the pistol. Lots of fun and helps pass the time during those cold winter months.

Slavia ZVP .177 pistol. All wood and steel. Very nice pistol.
Airguns001.jpg

Sheridan Blue Streak 5mm rifle. Hard hitting and fun to shoot. Three to four pumps is sufficient for indoors.
Airguns002.jpg

Scout943

Blackhawk
I have two airguns a "CROSMAN MARKll AIR PISTOL" and a "FEINWERKBAU 124 SPORTER AIR RIFLE "in .177 cal, both of these guns are over 25 years old, have been rebuilt by me and get used more than any of my powder burners in winter, best way I know to keep your skills sharp and getting rid of pests quietly here in "LIBERAL OH MY GOD A GUN NEW YORK" ! :lol:

GP100owner

Bearcat
I enjoy airguns, and I have a few green gas powered airsoft guns that I shoot in my basement that are a lot of fun.

Otony

Blackhawk
I have been quietly airgun crazy for a loooong time. Owned more than my fair share of German stuff over the years, both FWB and RWS. I have had a Steyr, many BSA and Webley rifles, plus too many Crosmans, Daisys, Sheridans and Benjamins to count. Lots of oddball stuff too, vintage American stuff, Walthers, match rifles and pistols. Now I am down to these "few":

Tech Force SS2 .177, decent Chinese copy of a FWB match pistol

Beeman P3 .177, one of the best air pistols out there in terms of ease of use and accuracy for plinking.

Webley Premier .177, looked for 30 years to find this! I decided to buy one back in the 70's, right after it was discontinued and the Webley Tempest was introduced. Couldn't find one for a decent price anywhere until this year! This beats a Tempest by light years, it is made much nicer.

Sheridan EB20 .20, what can I say, a classic CO2 pistol

Two (2) Benjamin 132 .22, bought these to rekindle boyhood memories. Both work fine.

Daisy 95 BB, one of the boy's rifles, a copy of my first air gun.

Daisy Grizzly BB/.177, t'other boy's rifle

Crosman 2400 .177, this is a carbine made up in Crosman's custom shop

Air Arms S400K .22, this is an English market level PCP rifle customized with a power adjustment that allows me to shoot at way low velocities over a hundred times on one fill, or crank it up to a few shots at hunting speeds.

What I would really like is one of the large bore air rifles that are becoming so popular nowadays. The thought of a .44 or .50 caliber air rifle is just plain awesome.

Crytot

Single-Sixer
I've been into air rifles for some time as well. I have several PCP guns, my favorite being an FX Superswift. Deadly killers out to 80 yards.

I shoot for the local police department and school district to help reduce the crow and pigeon populations in town. Quiet arrangement that gives me something to do in the Winter early mornings.

I was once hired by a fruit warehouse to get rid of their pigeon problems. Three evenings with flashlights and giggles, no more pigeons and enough cash to pay for another gun.

I've had several spring guns, but after shooting the PCPs, I can't be satisfied with them.

The initial investment into pre-charged pneumatics is sizeable, but they are amazingly accurate.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I too have a 30-foot range in my basement, which I use in cold weather. I have several airguns, the best of which is a Mendoza .22. Very nice weight and balance on that one; reminds me a bit of M14.

In handguns, I have four or five old Crosman 38Ts and 38Cs, several of which actually work. Also an old Crosman 150 that works, a Crosman Mark I that needs a bottom nut, and a couple old Crosman single-action type revolvers that need to be rebuilt.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I am going to buy another pistol, just haven't decided which one. My old Sheridan still works pretty well. A couple of pumps is enough to shoot mice out in the barn.

Snake45, good quote. Hunter Thompson was (is) one of my favorite authors. Too bad he had so many gremlins to fight.

Danjet500":1nfcdizu said:
Anyone like to shoot airguns? I have two that I've had for a long time and enjoy shooting, especially in the winter when it's too cold outside. I set up a 30 foot range in my basement and my son and I have a little competition. He's better with the rifle but I can usually out shoot him with the pistol. Lots of fun and helps pass the time during those cold winter months.

Slavia ZVP .177 pistol. All wood and steel. Very nice pistol.
Airguns001.jpg

Sheridan Blue Streak 5mm rifle. Hard hitting and fun to shoot. Three to four pumps is sufficient for indoors.
Airguns002.jpg

Dan those blue streaks been around for quite a while I had one in the late 60's when I was in my teens. Great little pellet gun 8 pumps and it would really bust the rabbits, lol ps