Ahhh the versatility of smoked pulled pork...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

turd

Buckeye
Good thread. One thing we have learned to smoke and like is Costco's Kirkland spiral sliced ham. Yes. I know they are already smoked, but with apple wood and a good rub, the flavor is awesome. We freeze the bone and unsliced ham for later use in bean soup, mostly in colder times. Very, very good IMHO.

Jim, thank you again for your advice years ago that got me started smoking meat. ✔

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
You know, I've traveled extensively throughout Texas, and seen many places advertising "Memphis Style BBQ." And I've traveled extensively throughout Tennessee and never seen a place advertising "Texas Style BBQ."

In Memphis, "A BBQ" is a sandwich. In Texas, "A BBQ" is a party.

Bob Wright
Texas BBQ.png

Selena

Hunter
A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicag
Ah smoked pork shoulders... Those the survive the ravenous predators that congregate around my smokehouse they have so many uses. Just to treat yourself sometime, throw a 6 to 7 pound smoked shoulder or butt into a cast iron rendering kettle with twenty to twenty-five pound of navy beans over an open fire. Serve with dutch oven cornbread, cold *ahem* whole milk and lots of butter. Discover why beans and cornbread are called "soul food for rednecks" in their true glory.

Well Bob,
I guess you will just have to go to the big CITY to get some Texas Q. I think I would try the bar-b-q baloney, sounds like baloney to me :) How can you pass up a place called Tex's???????????

Tex's World Famous Bar-B-Q
Texas Bar-B-Q in Nashville! Tex's is one of Nashville's oldest Bar-B-Q restaurants. We have been smoking meat and cooking homestyle meals for over 30 years. Come try one of our barbecue plates and choose your side of southern style vegetables or cornbread. We serve beef brisket, pulled pork, smoked sausage, smoked turkey breast, bar-b-q baloney, and bar-b-q ribs. We are only open for lunch Monday through Friday from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm. Come visit us!

SOOOOOOOOOO you don't want to go to the big city. Look what is in your own back yard. The best of both worlds.

Texas Barbecue and Kolaches at Bain BBQ And Bakery In Cooper Young
more about bain bbq in memphis

Bryant Bain's Bain BBQ both Memphis-style and Texas-style barbecue on the same menu. The audacity! This eight-year Memphis resident is a native of "a very, very small Texas town of about 700 people" who grew up competing in BBQ contests with his family, and honed his skills in the years since through experimentation and research.

This is COW
1657983393675.png

This is a party without bread:) They tried to cover up the PIG
1657983468531.png

KIR

Blackhawk
Can't wait for the Best-in-the-West Rib Cook Off in Sparks, NV!

Latest posts