Aftermarket magazines for the ruger p89

Help Support Ruger Forum:

coronel

Bearcat
Who makes aftermarket magazines with no logo on them in blue,15 rounders and ammo count in the back of the magazine 5-10-15? Oh, and also there is a streak of weld in the back of the magazine right in the middle. Been looking at it carefully and a mec gar sure looks like it could be a mec gar magazine. Bought it at gun broker for ten dollars used of course. Fires fine and fits just like my mec gars don't know. Would appreciate some input in this. Thanks in advance.

bub

Single-Sixer
I'll look when I get home, but it sounds like it may be an original factory mag. I have some older factory mags and they sound exactly like what you are describing. Does it have a flat, stamped metal floor plate? Older factory mags had these, too, instead of the plastic they currently have. Like I said, I'll look when I get home and make sure.

Bub

bub

Single-Sixer
Here are pics of an original, older P89 mag. No markings, welded spine.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

Does this look like what you have?

Bub

coronel

Bearcat
Yes it looks exactly the same with welds and floorplate except that mine has 5-10-15 count mark. Thank you for the pics. So do you and I have a sort of collector magazine? Or just one out of production?

bub

Single-Sixer
Coronel, I highly doubt they would be collectible. This was what Ruger made for the P85/P89 probably until the P95 was released. I'd bet that Ruger made tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of this style of mag until they switched over to the newer style. If they ARE collectible, I have a half dozen or more to sell to a collector!

Bub