After Market Sights--Blackhawk...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BCB

Bearcat
:?:
The New Model Blackhawk that I have has open sights that just plain ain't so good!

Yea, I can shoot it with reasonable accuracy, but are there any replacement rear and front sights that might make it a bit better for the weak-of-eye-people?

Thanks...BCB

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
Hamilton Bowen has some good looking sights for the Blackhawk. I'm seriously thinking about replacing the rear on my Flattop 44Spl.

RonEgg

Blackhawk
I have Bowens on my RH and BH's. I prefer the Target to the Rough Country. IMO it makes a big difference from the stock sights.

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
This one is from Millett Sights...
myreloading058.jpg

myreloading055.jpg

myreloading050.jpg

Not sure if I shoot better with it, but the white outline helps to pick up that front sight....

Papa

Bearcat
JWhitmore44, I had a ORH rear sight. Had Hamilton do a white outline on it for me, said he'd never do it again :( , but it worked quite well until I had eye surgery and got them corrected. Then I found I could shoot the regular sights better so I gave the ORH to a forum member who's no longer with us now.

Here's what it looked like though, I think it might be worth the investment to check it out....

100_0965.jpg

100_0960.jpg

100_0953.jpg

100_0952.jpg

Papa

Papa

Bearcat
You tickle me every time you post that :D :D

Looks like a prop from a Buck Rogers Western :lol: :lol:

It also looks like it works really well 8)

Papa

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
Couple things, I have the Millett on my Security Six, it's better than the stock rear but it's too "busy" for my taste and the notch could be deeper. I would prefer the white outline to be just the outline and not the extra wings and tail. I will say they seem well built.

As far as the tube sight, I too get a kick out of that. "Buck Rogers Western" seems about right. But, I also think it looks like it probably works well. (and if available commercially I'd probably own one) :)

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Thanks for the pictures Papa, that just may push me to pick one up.

Jim, I followed your posting on your tube sight an it looks like it would work quite well.

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
Switching to being able to focus on the target instead of the front sight has been the most startling improvement to my shooting I've ever seen. Finally it feels like I can "mesh" with it properly, like I'm not fighting the gun to get good shots off.

Pal Val

Buckeye
I have a GP100 with a One Ragged Hole sight. It's not the ticket for bullseye shooting, but out in the field it's pretty quick on target. I recommend it for a hunting gun, specially if you have old eyes, like mine.

One drawback - it sticks out pretty far. It can get snagged in certain holsters. I had to cut a notch for it in a flap holster I use whan the weather is bad.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
I'm thinkin' of trying ORH sights. For $25 for two I can outfit my "Jim Taylor Special" Single Six and my .45 Blackhawk. My eyeballs are getting "worn" and I don't get the same sight picture I got 10 yrs ago. I'm shooting "away from the light" a lot these days. I've heard that a lot of guys in the same fix get much improved results with them so it can't hurt to try. It's hell to get old ain't it? :( (BTW, I like the looks of them Millett sights too. Are they "pricey" Flatgate?)

Latest posts