After (8) Years, finally happy Mini 14 Issue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
About eight years ago while firing my Ruger Mini 14, it malfunctioned, and what looked to me like a lug on the top of the bolt broke off.... DamnDaddy... as it is a 180- serial number...
Not fancy at all, but has all the aftermarket stuff, like folding stock etc, plus several large capacity mags for it...
I have been looking for a used bolt for it all this time, obviously with no luck. I obviously have been a shooter, more than a technical expert on this stuff :(
Also have been looking for a good gunsmith that maybe could weld it up and repair it..
NADA....
A week a go while at a gunshop, a friend of mine who works there told me of a new gunsmith in town.
Took the Mini 14 over there to have checked out..
They called me this morning and said the the bolt was NOT broken, just the extractor, which can be ordered.
WOW...I am one happy man...
Told them do it, plus clean it up and get it ready... Sure glad I never got rid of it for parts...
Smiling HD
By the way, the new gunsmith is:
http://oxfirearms.com/

DGW1949

Hunter
I'm glad that the end of your troubles is in sight.
On the other hand, if your gunsmith is absolutely sure that the part he is ordering is the right one for your old "180", you might give some thought to having him order you a spare.
It's not often that anything breaks on a Mini...but...

DGW

Latest posts