Advantage to the three screw?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
"I contacted Ruger and the only way they would do it was to convert my gun with the new transfer bar safety. I refused..."

All you had to do was strip out the guts and Ruger would have installed the barrel and the new parts.

As it is, you did OK.

GaSidewinder

Bearcat
Anytime an old model is sent to Ruger for work they will not do the work unless they are allowed to convert adding the transfer bar safety. Have never heard of anyone converting a new model back.

G2

Hunter
hesco":38j0ldda said:
whats involved in converting a new model into a old model 3 screw

Ohh that's easy. . . .Sell the NM, , , and then Buy a OM. :D I know, Smart arse, but I have been known to do that a few times. :shock:

flatgate

Hawkeye
hesco":3r7r2t46 said:
whats involved in converting a new model into a old model 3 screw

Ron Powers makes a "kit" that adds the half cock loading to the New Model.

Other than that the only other solution is to sell the NM and buy an OM.

As far as shootin' goes, I have some really satisfying New Models!

JMHO,

flatgate

rhatimi

Bearcat
nobody here mentioned that the three screws never came with the darned safety devises as do the new models :evil: .

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Much as I love the OM Rugers, and wish ALL my BHs were of that persuasion, I can see the reasoning in the transfer bar. There are bound to be situations where inexperienced sixgun owners are going to get themselves in trouble with 6 loaded chambers. Not everybody would habitually carry with the hammer down on an empty hole. It happened in the "old days" and it would happen now. Trouble is, folks are now more likely to start a lawsuit with Ruger instead of blaming themselves should any accident occur. The days of taking responsibility for one's own actions are gone for the most part I'm afraid......But as flatgate said, NM Rugers are fine firearms too! I like 'em all....