Adjusting rear sights on my SR22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I am sighting in my SR22 and have read the manuals instructions on how to do it
I have the elevation set correctly and am about to work on the windage.
Currently it is shooting about 3-4" to the left.
According to the instructions I need to turn the adjusting screw counterclockwise.
My question is how far does a full turn (360 degrees) moves the POI? Half turn? Quarter turn?
I can probably figure it out my experimenting but thought someone out there may have some good input that would help me along.

I don't believe that Ruger gives a specification on movement of rear sight versus change of POI. It could be figured out but it would be a long tedious affair and you would need precision measuring tools, a Ransom Rest (at a minimum) and a lot of patience.

Secure the firearm in the rest, fire a shot at a target a known distance away. Set up a horizontal measuring device and zero it touching the rear sight blade. Turn the rear sight blade screw 1/2 turn. Measure/record the amount of movement the blade moves. Fire a shot. Measure/record the difference in the POI. Then do the same thing again and measure that POI difference. To be accurate, you'd have to do this a number of times to insure you have accurate, reliable readings for computations. That would give you an rough reading of 1/2 turn of the screw moves the blade X number of (probably hundredths) inches which would equate to the POI moving X number of inches at that diatance. Then you can use math functions to determine how far the POI should change at different distances when you turn the screw X number of turns or half turns.